pdrk

Dear All,
Good day to you all. In General, company hiring all kind of employees (From trainee level to Top) used to hire new personnel and place them for a period of probation. Outset, all employees getting required inputs about job, company, and cultures and business features etc. This will help them for better accommodate with company and its requirement well.
However i would like to put up my queries on behalf of you for discussion and maximize to share our knowledge too. My queries are as follows:
1. Is there any legal implications to provide probation for all kind of employees before their confirmation.?
2. Please let me know,if new joinee joined without probation period, will it be their DOJ also considered as date of confirmation?
3. Could you also please let me know, challenges faced by HR while employee joining without probation.?

From India, Bangalore
nathrao

Probation period is generally specified for all employees to observe how the employee is working,picking up skills,interaction and general adjustment to employer company environment.
The legal implication of probation is that termination is easier without getting into legal hassles.
Otherwise terminating a permanent employee has many formalities and has even union implications at times.
If an employee is hired without Probation period,obviously date of joining will be date of confirmation.
The challenges in cases of employees without probation means that the employee can be dismissed only after following full provisions of law and company code.

From India, Pune
pdrk

Dear NathRao,
Thanks for your prompt response. During probation, if an employee wanted to quit from service with immediate effect, shall we allow them to do so? please let me know ..
giving proper information / notice,

From India, Bangalore
nathrao

Pdrk,
Appointment letter would have terms and conditions of appointment and resignation and notice period would be a part of the terms and conditions.
Even during probation notice period should be spelt out which could be for a lesser period than that specified for permanent employees.
The company can always permit lesser notice in any specific case after recording reasons in writing and allow an employee to go.But it is better to have clear policy for probation employees and specify these terms in appointment letter.
This will reduce discretionary decisions.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.