dpray

Lavanya,

If he is a fresher and still in his learning phase. Taking too much leave as you told taking 10 days per month is not acceptable. Fresher should work and work so that he/she can learn to climb the career lader. Don't allow him to go on a leave without any genuine reason. If its a medical problem ask him to produce medical certificates and warn him time and again that if he is taking much leave then his performance will be affected.

Your communication should be in writing and everytime get a written acknowledgment from him for your each and every communication regarding his leaves.

If a fresher is taking 10 days leave per month, that means either he has no interest to work there and he is just passing the time for a regular pay cheque.By doing this he is just closing the door for someone else, who may deserve the position and hungry to work. This type of employees should be warned and HR should take disciplinary action if needed . Consult his manager and have a succession planing done and then give him a formal warning letter and if he is still not improving his style of taking leave then show him the door.

Regards
Dev

From India, Gurgaon
vyenketesh
let me know the following thing:-
1) when he has join and as per the company practice how much leave he is entitled (PL, cL,sL).
2) iS THERE ANY SERVICE RULES TO THAT EFFECTS AVAILING THE LEAVE.
KINDLY PROVIDE ME THIS SO THAT I CAN REPLY U PROPERLY
REGARDS
V.KAMAT

From India, Panaji
meenachi@rediffmail.com
HI Friend,:)
first of all you should talk to that particular engineer about his present situation in the company.Before that you have take that employee profile and find out his reference persons details.Because of now a days, employee retrenchment is more in our country.
you will follow these points mentioned below:-
1.taking knowledge in employee profile.
2.keeping proper records about the employee.
3.consult with seniors.
4.Get written reply from the employee about his often leave.
5. Give warning letter and follow this
if above ways are unfold, finally give exact employee work report to your head through proper channel.
note: the final report clearly states the employee past and present performance in the company.whether he is a fresher he has achieve the target or not. co ordination with others, obedience .. . so on.
"take care"
by,
kutty:razz:

From India, Madras
Ranganathan V

Lavanya,
Just to provide you with some clear prospective on Leave Administration.
- Get your company leave policy and check. Any leave taken over & above the eligiblity will be on LOSS of Pay only.
- Creat an sheet of last 6 month leave and sent the data to his reporting manager for discussion.
- Call him for a discussion and inform him along with his manager.
- You can understand first his issues and explain company policy on LMS and if deviation what displinary can be taken.
- If he continue, then first warning letter
- If continues, then take other action as per your company policies.
Hope this clarifies your options and process.
Ranga

From India
shashank lal
i understand your problem but let me assure you that such weekends helps in capacity building. on the other hand you should chalk out better plans to make any of your engineers be available on those days. obviously on rotation.
bye.

lalyta_chalagalla
Dear Lavanya,
Hope your company has leave rules. Generally organisations have three kinds of leaves (CL, SL, EL). In case of CL weekly half falling in between leaves may be considered as leave. For example, two days casual leave on Friday and monday may be considered as 4 days inclusive of Saturday and Sunday also. These kind of leave rules may be implemented if the condition is severe and the organisation is being affeced.
But Human approach is very important and these kind of decisions should be taken with atmost care. Any person works to his level of efficiency only when he is provided certain amount of freedom in his work and leaves.
reegards
Lalitha

From India, Vijayawada
aparna khairnar

Hi
First you speak with your superior about his matter
and then take a appropriate action means first you tell them about a leaves about all rules and regulation and then after only he will taken a leave. warning letter isue them and cut the some amount of a salary.

From India, Mumbai
Laxma
Hi Lavenya,

Leave should be applied in advance, before going on leave, for sanction of the HOD concerned and then only the PD should take into consideration.

If the employee has exhausted all his eligible leaves for the year, the next leave availed need to be considered as Leave without pay, even if it is for less than a day.
A warning letter can be issued to him stating that his frequent absence is affecting the business. But before this, try and understand why he absents himself frequently. He may be having a problem. If you feel that his reasons are not genuine, then pls take appropriate action.

From India, Hyderabad
anoopjh19
Dear Seniors,
I am working as an Executive-HR with a well knowned company & I have got an offer from Distributor of Hindustan Unilever Ltd for the post of Distributor HR Executive.
At store profile I am looking after 50 Employees & getting 12000/PM & If I join the Distributor of Hindustan Unilever ltd than I will have to look after above 250 employees & my monthly CTC will be 22000/. All the legal compliance has been fulfilled by this distributor & I will be covered by E.PF.
Kindly suggest me , should I join the distributor payroll or not? If not than please clear me…
I am in big dilemma…………..Plz give me your valuable suggestion.
:confused:
Regards
Anoop Jha

From India, Bhadohi
aditya25

Lavanya,
If you have no policy of prefixing /suffixing leave with holidays forget about doing anything now..better introduce a policy which will be uniform to all. I suggest you should allow maximum twice in a year to club with holidays / weekends. See if this suits your working pattern..
Thiruvengadam. KS

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.