kavya-radhakrishnan
If suppose my LWD is may 31st and the company relieves me by 23rd may but says that I will have to support them remotely for some time. Can they ask me to support post 31st of may?
From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Once officially relieved from the services of the Company, the employer employee relationship will not be applicable. However considering the roles and responsibilities of the Employee, Employee may agree to support remotely based on the request of the Employer. However further extension may be requested but cannot be demanded.

In your case actual LWD is 31.5.23 but got relieved earlier may be based on your request I presume?. In such a scenario your support on remote basis till 31.5.23 make some sense. However further extension cannot be demanded. Also salary will be calculated till the LWD only. So on mutual understanding support can be extended but cannot be insisted.

From India, Madras
uhcia

The short answer to your question is no, the employer cannot force as there is no active relationship.

In general, if your last working day (LWD) is May 31st as per your employment contract, your obligations to the company typically cease on that day.

If your employer asks for remote support beyond your LWD, you have the right to negotiate the terms and conditions of this arrangement. You can discuss factors such as the duration, compensation, and scope of the remote support. It's important to clarify and agree upon these details in writing to avoid any misunderstandings.

From India, undefined
HR Mohankumar

Employer Employee relationship cannot be defined purely on pay factors.
No employee can say I got paid till 31st and I can only liable till the date.

Legally you are not bound but think as a professional.

Employer needs your support based on your earlier relationship and extend your support.

After-all your reputation will go high in the market !!!

From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.