No Tags Found!

View Poll Results: Who will held responsible for Attrition
Employee 49 9.35%
Boss 202 38.55%
Compensation & Job Profile 273 52.10%
Voters: 524. You may not vote on this poll

thiruhrd
Dear All,

The topic goes beyond the control. It has become discussion rather than answering a question in quiz.

Ok let me accept both the answers of Dipika and Sreeni are correct. But with examples Mr.Sreeni's answer I accept. Let me explain the terms. As mentioned by Preet Termination may not only included for trainess/probationers but also applicable to confirmed employees also.

The word termination has wide connotation and may include within its ambit the various ways in which the employer-employee relationship may come to an end. Therefore, it may include discharge, dismissal and even retrenchment. However, generally the term is used to refer to termination of the employee's services by the employer. Thus, the meaning of this word may change depending upon the context in which it is used.

Dismissal generally refers to termination of the employee's services on disciplinary grounds.

Discharge refers to termination of employment bruoght about by an act of the employer. Discharge may include dismissal and retrenchment.

Retrenchment, in common parlance, means discharge of surplus labour.

Now I request Preet to announce who is the winner. I have given my answer please.

Thanks with Regards.

Thiru

From Germany, Herzogenaurach
preetk

Hi Thiru & Others, As per our terms & conditions, the person who posts the answer first is the winner. So we need to declare Sreeni as the winner. Sreeni you can post your question. Preet
From India, Bangalore
seema singh
Hi All,
Sorry for posting so late....and I missed the initial discussion part....
:cry:
My view is that all the confusion and the resulting discussion and differences in views and knowledge is quite interesting. This should be a part of a healthy forum...conflict can be productive.
At the same time, decisions have to be fast. So, some senior HR expert/s can act as the neutral person here who finally gives an approval for the correctness and validity of answers.
As intelligent people we should be open to ideas - But for workability part- we cannot let the judgment of answers on only the person who is asking it. He/she can be wrong also....
Rest all is on you!!
thanks
seema

From India, Lucknow
preetk

Hi All,
Sreeni is already posted his question. Any answers?
Hi Sreeni,
Try to post the question which can be answered in short form. Your question about Difference between HR & PM is too vague to answer. It is a very big topic, and deciding on the winner might be difficult. Because few people post some points and some others post some more points all may be correct, then how you can decide on the winner.
Hi Seema,
In this thread the person who is posting the question only the right person to decide the winner. He/She may be wrong, but when they post the question with some answer, they are the people to decide on the winner. However, if the answer is wrong probably we can as seniors point out the mistakes and rectify it. That is what Mr.Siva did, and I also accepted his point, but I approved Sreeni as winner as Thiru has declared Sreeni has winner. Sreeni's answer is not totally wrong, few things are wrong and in general it is ok kind of answer.
Any comments on the above
Preet

From India, Bangalore
preetk

Hi Thiru,
It is not everyone become slow, getting access to the cite hr is problem. Not able to access. I just told everyone to post the question which can be answered short. Now, what Sreeni posted is stand valid and people need to answer for that.
Preet

From India, Bangalore
DipikaNA

Let me try again..... :-)

The difference Between PM & HR is as follows:

PM (Personal Management) : Widely used few years back. The main task of PM was to maintain Personal records of the employees of the organization. It was just a job to maintain the records (Database), sometime PM use to take care of the recruitment & joining formalities but never extended beyond that.

HR (Human Resource) : A very broad definition. HR takes care of all the aspect, right from

strategic planning,

recruitment,

joining formalities,

induction,

training,

employee relationship

handling grievances

attrition

retention

exit formalities

--- The HR is basically concerned with the development and implementation of people strategies, which are integrated with corporate strategies, and ensures that the culture, values and structure of the organization, and the quality, motivation and commitment of its members contribute fully to the achievement of its goals.

And

--- PM is basically administrative function (operation level)

Warm Regards

Dipika

From India, Mumbai
preetk

Hi All,
Sorry guys. I was not available yesterday. What happened to everyone. Dipika is posted her answer but no reply from anyone. Sreeni as you have posted the question you need to tell whether the answer is correct or not. It should have not stopped like this. Come on guys let it continue. Don't stop.
Preet

From India, Bangalore
preetk

Hi all, What happened to all. Sreeni, pls confirm whether Dipika’s answer is correct or not. Preet
From India, Bangalore
pranati

hey I never knew about this discussion - must have been sleeping! I would say that Deepika is correct & continue the thread ! Its a good thread guys!
From India, Mumbai
preetk

Hi Pranati,
Thanks for joining this thread. However, thanks for your comment on Dipika's answer. However, the winner can be declared by the person who is posting the question. In this case now, Mr.Sreeni has to declare the winner.
Hi Sreeni,
You need to declare it latest by 2PM. If you are not doing then we will decide on the winner.
Preet

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.