No Tags Found!

sandeepsinha
Hi swati
this is praveen here n im dng my summer training on competency mapping for that i hve done position analysis in my organisation but i m anble to find gap as i dont hve the ideal work done by that post n plz do let me know how to do competency mapping
i hve total 6 departments in my organization first i hve find out the hierarchy level of each n every depatment n then i hve spoke all the positions in each department n find out the responsiblities now wat to do
plz guide me how to go furthur that will be great help
regards
praveen

From India, Ghaziabad
N.Neelam
Hai Anu,
Competency Mapping is simple words imply the competence criteria for employees.
This clearly states what role an individual plays. What would be his/her job responsibility and the skill required to acheive the same.
This is the very basic for an organisation to have it before recruiting.
Regards
N.Neelam

From India, Madras
rashmi dureja
hello
thanks 4 the details of competency
i m doing a project of competency profiling of executivess n manager in my summers training during mba.
can u please help in making quessionnaire as early as possible
thanks

manapuzharone
Hi Swathi,
Thanks for your informations about competency mapping. Please let me know the following. Once the Competency mapping is implemented in an organization, how often the assessment is done. Is it once in a year? or twice in a year? What is the ideal period of doing the assessment for the purpose of training and other developmental programmes.
Regards
RAM

From India, Mumbai
reema
dear friend,
competency mapping and assesment are diff.
but there is also competency testing also which is the next stage of the former 2.
yse without mapping we cannot know what we need to study, then comes assesment of the actual state of the competencies being mapped then we need to know the standard competencies level
and then u can test all the employees on the required competencies.
one could group some competencies or go one by one
now a days this is the best way to reasure and get statistical report on every student/candidate they are recruiting.
I do have a center where i map competencies for companies eg: IT; FMCG etc, and also do students psychological testing.

From India, New Delhi
luchis
Hello Anu,
I just joined CiteHR! and saw ur question. Being a competency mgt Analyst, we did JCPs (Job Competency Profiles) for all jobs, guided by the job descriptions and major tasks for which the job is responsible and accountable. To gain acceptability and buy-in, we used a panel of the job owners(line) & HR. For the line, we had the Discipline Career Adviser and the Mgt of the discipline. Together we came up with the JCPs. This was quite time consuming but my experience is that there is more acceptability from the line as they were fully involved in the job profiling or what you may call mapping.

pranjalimarathe

hi anu, this is pranjali i am doing a proj on Skill Mapping...r the two topics in anyways similar...plz do reply...coz there is some confusion between competency and skill mapping. pranjali :?:
From India, Bangalore
Rajesh Balasubramanian

Hi Anu
Competency is the wholesome - skills, atttitude, knowledge
Skill - you are attributing only one aspect of the spectrum
Competency mapping does require a translation or conversion of competency into skill and behavioural measures for mapping it effectively
If you are carrying out a competency mapping it is sufficing since it encompasses the skill aspects as well
Regards
Rajesh
Valuelanes

From India, Bangalore
poojakulseja
Hi Everybody,
I am a student of MBA and currently pursuing a project on Competency mapping. i have to map the competencies of the employees of managerial cadre(i.e. from manager - DGM ). kindly help me how to go about it .
Regards
Pooja

From India, Indore
Rajesh Balasubramanian

Hi Pooja

The process begins with Roles and Responsibilites and JD understanding. Based on the R&R you will have to sit with the indvidual and senior management team to develop the necessary competencies required to perform the role effectively

Competencies can be - functional, behavioural and mangerial.

The identtified competenices are to clustered into groups (or categorization). Management team will have to finalize the proficiency level for each role/level - which is the minimum acceptable level.

Competncies are then translated into behavioural dimensions that can be observed and measured. The various levels of competencies are to be clearly defined and demarcated for the understanding and assessment

Once this is being performed you are ready to do the competency mapping. This is done through assessment centre inculding psychomteric tools and 360 degree feedback analysis to reduce the subjectivity

The competenyc levels exhibited the employee are mapped against the proficiency level decided by the managemen team for the role/level

Check the file uploaded by Shweta on competency mapping in the Competency matris thread. That will very cleary provide you a step by step process

In case of any help do mail back to me

All the best !!

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.