apekhya

hi mukundan,
You may be correct that administaive dept may be giving some msg indirectly but I'm not getting their msg.. If they doubting on me then I can't do anything... This is totally my personal matter that to whom I'll call at wht time... they shouldn't be worry for this... I'm paying for my personal call & comapny is not paying more than 200 for me except rental... o i think there should be any objection from them...

From India, Gurgaon
srinirahul@hotmail.com
Hi Apekhya,
To me, for these matters it is not suggested to quit the organization.
Ignore the happenings and continue the process of paying your personal charges (make payments by cheque and keep receipt for your records).
Probably the Management might have adopted these practices to reduce the expenses on overall Telephone bills.
Regarding Auditors intervention:- assuming that they are targeting you, this could not be for one single person in any organization. Just check with your colleagues on the pattern of the clearance of their bills.
If it is found that they are targeting you, Please raise it to the maximum, as we in an organization work basically on mutual trust.
One more option is that please discard-using Office provided phone, subject to feasibility.
Regards
B Srinivas

From India, Madras
sastryavsln
Hello Mr. Apekhya,
Dear make a new one for your personal and the matter is any auditor can made the firms internal check-ins like to know the company or firm makes genuine way to know about the taxpaying this is a point regards Auditors view.
Second is the Chief of you would try some sort of inconvenience on you just try to satisfy his EGO, I think you understood me.
And the third one is if you pay your bucks why not you take other phone man? its simple to change new no of your personal its not abjects anybody on sort of non working hours and some leisure minutes, not in frequent like mobile buddy in the official hours.
Bye and take care,
sastry.

From India, Hyderabad
ssmdev
hi
this sounds to be some issue of jealously creeping in from somewhere. bitter gourds who are by themselves pathetic to the life they live could be behind this episode. esp since you have mentioned that you and ur friend are targeted. Let them not bother you. pls go ahead and give the explanation. also in the explanation please mention the fact that you think you are being purposely targeted and that you feel bad about the whole episode. you can claim that on being sincere to your work, this is the way they are treating you. which is affecting your morals. try to make this as an HR issue and let them intervene as well. if i were you i would not let those who cooked this up sleep in peace. the least id get their bills screened every month.

From India, Thiruvananthapuram
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear Apekhya

I submit forthwith, few points to ponder :
  • Normally audit doesn't go into call details, they generally confine themselves to the call limit - if there a monetary limit,; if it exceeds, then whether proper approvals exists; and in case of no monetary ceiling, then any reasonable limit.
  • Although, it is quite possible to do a few random checks on usage. But this is not the case here.
  • Since you pay through cheque for your personal calls (which amounts to 64%), there an't be any issue over improper/personal use.
  • "Jo jaisa dikhta hai, wo vaisa nahi hota....." - Taare zameen Par

You have already furnished the reason :

• Your 6% of total bill paid by you, when converted in terms of call usage amounts to almost 80% of usage; so only 20% is being used for OFFICIAL PURPOSE. It is immaterial if you are paying the bills for your personal use; which in any case, you ought to.
  • The point here is - from the viewpoint of management - you have not been provided cellphones by the company to use it to the extent of FOUR times your official usage, to talk to your colleague/man-friend after office ours. It was meant PRIMARILY for official us, and not reluctantly or sparingly for official use; like - "chalo, ek-adh baar let me use it for official work also !" ;-)
  • The management is feeling peeved and irritated :-x at this derring-do by both of you (and justifiably so) and so has obliquely pointed it out to both of you.:mellow:

Take it as a mild warning or a stern advice - "sudhar jao". :no:
  • Now that you have got a separate cellphone for personal use, this 'problem' will not arise again; provided you have also advised your friend to get and talk on a separate phone.:lol:
  • There is no need to change a job for this. The matter is now done with and over, though the impression shall persist for some more time.
  • In case you change a job, remember that ("My performance is good and I do my job sincerly.") your performance and sincerity will be reckoned at the time of promotion (appraisals); but your day-to-day behavior is being taken note of, everyday.

So, do TAKE CARE.

Incidentally, APEKSHA is the Hindi/sanskrit equivalent and it means aspirations, expectations; and in India, a dialect changes every 50 miles of land - you must have noticed that in Orissa - so many variants of Oriya as you move along.

So, ... Hamein aapse bahut sari apekshaayein hain !!

Regards.

From India, Delhi
ramasuri_kalyani
Dear Apekhya:

In your first mail - you have mentioned that the personal call bills are paid by you. So I am sure, this will include for all the calls made after office hours + your family/friends.

In your second mail in reply to Rajesh, Simmy & Narendra - you have said you made calls to your friend - also from same org. Please note in your case I find some factuals that you are trying to hide.

I have never come across any Company providing mobile and specifiying allowances towards the same. You should first find out what are your limitations. The auditors queries are always based on the Company policy only. It is quite natural for auditors to raise the issue of your talking to office friend using mobile - whereas any matters can be discussed in the office itself.

Since you are paying for all your personal calls, neither the Co. nor your Management should have any objection. In my opinion, there is some reason why you have been warned not to talk to your collegue after offce hours. So first sort out this matter and do not link the same to mobile bill.

Regards,

Kalyani

From India, Hyderabad
balaji rao03

u r rt kalyani unless a member discloses the all facts and ask for a sugg no membercan give a rt sugg and its just waste of val time of members. i hope i am not offending apekhya.
From India, Madras
qamar aftab
Hi, Dear, Why are you wasting your precious time in such nasty discussions, Purchase a new one SIM for your lovable family and enjoy the whole. Thanks, Qamar AFtab
From Pakistan, Lahore
sonali punj singh
hi
let auditors do their job first.wait and watch the show
see let auditors give their feedback, then u give your justification in writing to them with all bill amount details and your payment.
See how management reacts.
Most important should be your dignity. if u have used it for personal use then pay for it till the use irrespective of the limit and for future get another phone for your personal use. dnt use office phone for even a single minute call. dnt let them target your dignity.

From India, Mumbai
B.seshu kumar
dont worry yar. please buy another sim which is under good offer like TATA DO CO MO one second one paise. swicth off u r company mobile ofter working hours.
From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.