No Tags Found!

vijay.gurgaon
Dear Mates,
I'm a new startup of proprietorship firm (Registered Under Service Tax / GST) and want to know is TDS deduction applicable on my one & only employee?
Salary of the employee is INR 20,000 / Per Month.
Looking for help.
Thanks

From India, New Delhi
Labour Law Index

No the TDS u/s 192B cannot be deducted if the salary does not cross minimum chargeable to Tax that is 250000 in year. In case of 20000 per month this does not cross the limit. See Indian Labour Laws & Shram Suvidha Simplified - All Post
From India, Kolkata
vijay.gurgaon
@Labour Law Index, Thanks for your reply. So you mean to say of the barrier crosses of INR 2,50,000 then my proprietorship firm (Registered Under Service Tax / GST - Turnover 12 Lacs) has to deduct TDS, is that right?
Is yes, then how because I don't have TDS Certificate, etc.
Looking for your help. Thanks

From India, New Delhi
Srinath Sai Ram

Dear Mr Vijay, you have to obtain "TAN" for deduction & remittance of TDS.
From India, New Delhi
v shakya

Dear Vijay.
since you are newly startup proprietary firm having turnover 12 Lacs. Hence Tax audit u/s 44AB is not applicable to you. in absence of Tax audit you are not required to deduct TDS even tough the payment/salary is exceeding as specified in its threshold limit. However partnership firm & companies are exclude from this exemption. if any partnership firm or company is to made the payment exceeding in its threshold limit TDS must be deducted irrespective of tax audit.
Thanks & Regards
V SHAKYA
HR & Labour, Corporate Laws Advisor

From India, Agra
vijay.gurgaon
Dear Labour Law Index / Srinath Sai Ram / v shakya,
Thanks for your help. Can you please help with: https://www.citehr.com/585609-gst-se...ompulsory.html
Thanks

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.