No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Request to advise to jump from one current software IT company(vendor) to another vendor
I am currently working 7 years for an IT company (vendor 1, good reputed MNC) which is one of the vendor of a bank. One of the software project worked for 4.5 years is moved/handed over to competitor/vendor (vendor 2, and good reputed MNC) due to Bank strategies/management. I have heard 100% hike in salary if I will be moved /jumped to vendor 2/competitor. Shall I jump to Vendor 2 company? will it be a violation of vendor 1 in which I am currently working. Will current company will be affected if I did this jump ? will it affect my career? Or will it be a good chance for me to get 100% hike salary in another good reputed MNC company? Request to you, please advice and put me in right direction, Thanks a lot in advance.

From India, Thane
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Dear friend,
The new organization decided to give you 100% hike compared to your present employer. You need to verify the CTC offered by new organization is at par with market rate.
Your posting gives an impression that present employer and new employer are arch rival and want to harm one & other. The 100% hike may be for breaking away the employee to harm the business of competitor.
You did not provide any information about notice period, whether the new employer is ready to accept your joining without relive letter from past employer. Take everything in writing from the new employer, then jump to new from the old. Wiser one always avoid this kind of situation.

From India, Mumbai
siva-ram1
Thank you dear friend,

I will tell you what happened background,

My current position: I am earning only 40% of the market rate in current company (vendor 1)

Actually I have no idea to move to vendor 2. during January 2021 month, few months back, during appraisal i requested salary hike to my current reporting manager due to family financial situation.my current reporting assured me to recommend for promotion. I was happy about that. I am shocked about current reporting manager. I am working in vendor 1 of bank 'X'. My current reporting manager asked me to go to vendor 2 of bank 'X' with commission Rs.30000 since he assured for recommendation to vendor 2 for 100% hike salary via a consultancy and some social media group (as buddy) and for good hike salary for me. But I am sad since my worked project has been moved to vendor 2. And he told me he is impressed about my performance in the project which is going to move to vendor 2. That is why he is going to recommend me to vendor 2 via consultancy and some media connections. I surprised his words since he is strict in all the things leave, working hours. I suspect my current reporting manager. Is he says really true? Is he really taking care of me about my current low salary and financial situation? Shall I believe his words? shall I move to vendor 2 for 100% hike salary as he said. Request to you please advise me regarding this, Thanks a lot. :)

From India, Thane
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.