ajay_ch4

Hi,
My course of action would be:
a) Call them over and tell them that they are vitiating the atmosphere. This needs to stop post haste. Also explain that while one understand the disappointment of a break-up, there is no scope to give vent to their ill-feelings in the office or with the office crowd post office hours.
b) Watch for three to four days.
c) If there is no let up, then issue written warnings and mention clearly that the company reserves the right to terminate their services for violating the code of conduct (I hope you have one).
d) If the bad-mouthing continues, issue a show cause notice and terminate the services.
Hope this helps you.
Best regards
Ajay Chaudhari

From India, New Delhi
bipin_baroda

Guys don't fight with each others, if we Human Resource personnel will fight with each other how are we going to sort out problems or give solution to an issue. plz stop fighting with each other on this topic and lets try to give a suitable solution to this issue raised by our group member.
Partho i would suggest you to first sit with each other and discuss about the actual reason behind this issue, i know as this is their personal issue they might not come out with the reasons, but in order to maintain a good working environment it is necessary. Just say them that they are violating the policy and spoiling the atmosphere. And if this doesn't work out, Issue a verbal warning or written warning but before that i would suggest you to arrange a counseling session for them to help them self.
Hope this would help you out.:-P

From India, Calicut
pritam6753
Hey Partho,
On Office Affairs : Check with your company policy that if you have any "anti dating policy" if not then do formulate it and communicate with employee on it with HR aspects.
On Badmouthing : Again Please refer your company policy on work Place Harassment like Substance Abuse/Sexual harassment/ conflict of interest policies.
you can get into details of such policies and take appropriate action.
Thanks
Pritam
TL-HR

From United States, Fort Worth
greenbelt01
Friends,
If the man is causing the problem, and it continues, give him a written warning and make it plain that the next step is is very impossible one for my suggestion.
Thanks,
http://www.greenbelt6sigma.com.
Green Belt Six Sigma Training.

From India, Madurai
sudanraghu2210
We had the same problem recently, they were using official communication for carrying out their affairs and were thrown out.
both of them were terminated with immediate affect.
i am working with a company in gulf, its better not to be emotion at work place while dealing with such a situation.
it may end up by loosing your own job.
being a HR person, why you want to spend your time on personal matters of some one. this time you can utilised on some productive HR concerns.
such issues spoils the work culture of the office, as these 2 persons will concern with their affairs, rest of the people in the dept. gossiping on their affairs and no work.

From United Arab Emirates, Sharjah
rashidmusa

Ravi Dear,

This topic is actually not related to romance in office but its related to the office hazards.
Some romance's are enjoyed by other staff and some hated by staff bu this romance is of third kind.

where pair itself is romancing and hateing eachother due to misunderstanding which is unusual and it appears factual case because its human nature and many affairs broaken before it reaches to happy end.

Look at mine, I got married with my boss and we have developed relationship while working in office but that never affected my office decorum and one fine day our office staff received our invitation of our engagement and reception in hotel. Only then every body in office came to knw about our affair and surprised how we managed to keep confidential.

My friend, You cannot avoid this office romances. I like people work in same office ar better couple and manage much better as they are aware of each others other commitments in office. This office affaire is most beautiful time if you have one..

Regards

Rashid

From Saudi Arabia
K.Ravi

Rashid
I am always in favour of office romance :icon6::icon6::icon6:
I love all my friends and colleagues :icon1::icon1::icon1:
But Is it my job to act as a sort of PERSONAL COUNSELLOR and ask that couple in my office that how they met, what they did, movies, films etc etc etc and make them understand about love etc etc sorry seems you are totally off track between personal and professional life and seems that you dont know what is responsibility of HR, sad thing,, :(:(
Many HR here feel that duty of HR is just to take care of employees and then act as counsellor and solve the love, relations, hate, related problems of employees

From India, Pune
Ash Mathew

Hi Ravi,
The problem here is - not in solving a romance that has gone bad..
But it was in solving the "Effects of a bad relation on WORK"
The HR will not try to help them patch... but helop them understand that "there is something more impt than their relationship - which is work"

From India, Madras
chandan2ykpankaj

It is very hard to understand that why some HR Professionals are giving such a nonsense comments. If some of you people don’t want to give answer properly (what ever the situation is) then why you leave rubbish comments – just ignore it.
Remember – CITEHR is for discussing and sharing experience to have valuable suggestions in any kind of situation handled by HR Professionals not for your nonsense gossip or advertising.
For Partho: Call them (employees) and discuss the issue with open mind frankly face to face – have comments – put action - notice reaction – do what is necessary according to the situation. Don’t get angry or emotional – be professional.
Hope this will help you
Regards
Pankaj Chandan

From India, New delhi
K.Ravi

What does discuss with open mind and frankly face to face mean, it means you as HR going to discuss with them their relation?? :mad::mad:
From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.