No Tags Found!

Rupendra
Hi Deepali,
as per my suggetion,you should to go for standard appraisal systems except 360 degree becuase:
1.) 360 degree is so time consuming
2.) it will cost you more
3.) chances of negativity is too high.
in Standard appraisal system you can include all the objectives and materialist things like, company objective, attitude of the employee, skills, targets, performance, flexibility etc.
apart from above i would like to tell you that negativity will always be there, somewhere its so high and somewhere its too low.
Regards,
Rupendra

From India, New Delhi
Deepali Gulati

Hi Rupender, Thanks for suggestion. I want to apply 306- degree appraisal in our organisation. my only concerned is that it should not give a negative impact on the employees. Deepali
From India, Chandigarh
phuntshok
Hi all,
Apart from pre-requiistes mentioned by other authors to make the 360 appraisal system workable, I believe, that the organization concerned wishing to adopt the system should have well designed and developed IT system in place as it may consume too much of time to get the performance rated in the 360 system.
just a thought.
Regards,
Dorji

polky1979
well according to my best it should be adopted when employee are involved directly to consumers.as in it rating by consumer are also taken while in any other form of appraisal thats not included.
polky

From Pakistan, Karachi
akm18

360 degree feedback is a method and a tool that provides each employee the opportunity to receive performance feedback from his or her supervisor and four to eight peers, reporting staff members, coworkers and customers. Most 360 degree feedback tools are also responded to by each individual in a self assessment.

360 degree feedback allows each individual to understand how his effectiveness as an employee, coworker, or staff member is viewed by others. The most effective 360 degree feedback processes provide feedback that is based on behaviors that other employees can see.

The feedback provides insight about the skills and behaviors desired in the organization to accomplish the mission, vision, and goals and live the values. The feedback is firmly planted in behaviors needed to exceed customer expectations.

People who are chosen as raters, usually choices shared by the organization and employee, generally interact routinely with the person receiving feedback.

The purpose of the 360 degree feedback is to assist each individual to understand his or her strengths and weaknesses, and to contribute insights into aspects of his or her work needing professional development. Debates of all kinds are raging in the world of organizations about how to:

select the feedback tool and process,

select the raters,

use the feedback,

review the feedback, and

manage and integrate the process into a larger performance management system.

From India, Bahadurgarh
prince143
360-degree feedback system is system in which everybody will evaluate everybody's performance in the organization. if i m right there is nothing any specific occasion or any specific time to implement. b'coz almost all oprganisation are adopted this. b'coz during evaluation of performance there is chance to get biased but it can be reduced by 360-degree. hence evrey organization should adopt it.
From India, Bhubaneswar
aravindan.mentor
Dear Deepali,
Before i suggest whether its suitable for your organisation, pls let me know about the size of your organisation in terms of business, Human assets, and service / product line markets etc.
aravindan

francoHR
this provides a good understanding of the 360 concept and recommendations of deployment. It is an impartial article.
http://www.visionmetrics.net/survey-...-software.aspx
hope this helps

murty.hr
Hi Deepali,
360 Degree appraisal is well suitable to Software companies because the no.of Customers are low(Client),
In this system we have 4.ninties means(Self,immediate Supervisor,Dept Head/Unit head and the fourth one is Customer(client)),In general trade it is very difficult to Collect the Customer feedback regarding our employee but in software we can get the accurate data from client because the client knows the perforamance of our employees(For Onsite projects),
Regards,
Murty

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.