No Tags Found!

UpasnaS
Dear Prachi,
Changing Job can be a good solution but what will you do, if your next Boss is no better than this.
My suggestion is to handle this situation tactfully. It is a common thing happen to anyone but going for another job is not the solution.
Now, what you need to do:
- Make a note of all the tasks you have undertaken during 11 months.
- Note down your achievements
- Your future plans under the present role.
- What are your suggestions to improve the working environment.
After this, talk to your boss politely and tactfully and ask him for a raise. But don't commit a mistake to compare yourself with any colleague. Talk about yourself and tell him that its almost a year and you are expecting a raise.
If it doesn't work out talk to the top management.
Try out all the possible ways but under professional norms. Running from a problem is not the actual solution, so try your level best.
All the best.
Regards,
Upasna Kaushik

From India, Delhi
Sanjeev.Himachali

Prachi...what is your total work-experience and since how long you are working with this company? What do you mean by "Not Recruited by my boss". I am sure, he must have taken your interview before taking you in the department. Usually, people get appraised after the completion of one year, in what we call as "Anniversary Appraisal"...so wait till you complete you one year.
Are you still in probation period? Did you received your confirmation letter?
You need to answer few questions...before asking for help.
You can also reach me at
Regards
Sanjeev Sharma

From India, Mumbai
Rupeshsharma
Dear Prachi,
Everybody has his own views. Running away is not a solution. You may find a more difficult boss at new location. But it also true that you can not change your father and Boss. We have to find a solution to this.
1. Make yourself superior to others by quality of your work.
2. Make your boss dependenet on yby giving quality work that others can't do. Simply you have to excel yourself.
3. Make note of all work you do and your achievements.
4. List them down in your appraisal form.
5. Talk to your boss politely and ignorantly that how your work is affected / not affected inn absence of any increment. and why you deserve the same.
This will take some time but you will definitely see a positive change.
Meanwhile you can look for certainly better opening. But please don't rush untill you have an emergency.
Regards,
Rupesh

prachi_jain

Hi
Its been such a great support from you members that I feel I will be able overcome all that I am going through.
Well I want to tell you that I did had a word with my boss (a detailed discussion) regadring what all I am going through and what all I think is incorrect and unfair. I did mention as to what all I have done so far (in terms of my achievements, KPIs, new tasks and my contribution to the organization) and wanted to know where did I lack.
The only answer my gave was "I DON'T THINK IT IS THE RIGHT TIME TO GIVE YOU ANY INCREMENT AND I WILL APPRAISE YOU ONLY WHEN I THINK IT IS NECESSARY TO GIVE YOU ANY SORT OF INCREMENTS/ PROMOTIONS" and there was no justification for the same.
Now, tell me guys am I unreasonable if I am on a lookout for a new job coz I DON'T think there is no scope for any further discussions.
Let me know if I am wrong in taking such a step??????????
I am still in a dilemma....................
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Prachi

From India, Delhi
Simta

Dear members

This is Simta, working as HR executive from the last 8 months where the HR Deptt. has been developed now only (1.5 yrs). My situation is so worst as if i am not working in HR Deptt. but i am spoiling my career over here in relation to the current conditions prevailing in our organisation.

My boss only wants to talk gud words but where decision making comes in relation to employee development & if i require support from the top mgmt. to initiate any projects, i used to get support in words only not in practical part.

I am not allowed to give the real feedback (in negative sense) to any senior, if these things are happening ? so what to do? that means my job profile is only to do the things the way they are & i am noone to speak the real feelings of the employees. also, these conditions will not change as per the seniors.

what i feel, being HR Professional we must try to understand the ground realities & why this type of negative & spoling atmosphere is prevailing? and should try our level best to reduce & control it.

What do u say GUYS? kindly forward your valuable thoughts/suggestions in this case. Should i look for the other opportunity in the market?

Thanx

Best Rgds

Simta

From India, Gurgaon
Arun jyothi

hi Prachi,
It is very Pitable to think off u r position. as u told that u have joined 11months back, i think u didn't tried completely to knw abt u r boss bcoz u said that he alwys talks to u angrily. Firstly u do one thing u impress u r boss with u r work and just nod u r head & say "Yes Boss" for wat ever he say's and follow him blindly without arguments eventhough u don't like them. And after a few days when he get's nice to u, just touch up abt u r salary and leave but remember don't stress. & at that time i hope he will defenitely favour u. Hope the best & good luck. :wink: :D

Arun jyothi

Hi Smita,
If u r prblm is that u Officers are supporting u only in words but not in Practically,let them face the problem when it comes for selecting the candidates or recruiting the employees for organisation, because its big head ache for them than u when there r no right candidate for the organisation for the development of the company. Take some time just to knw u r work importance there and be cool and mean while u just try for other opportunities in other companies mean while also if they don't recognize u r work u can change u r job. But remember don't resigne u r job with out proving u self & importance from that job. :)

bhattathiri
Be strong in mind and approach. Medical studies continue to show regular meditation working magic in reducing blood pressure and stress-related illnesses, including heart disease. Brain images show that regular meditation helps calm the most active sensory-assaulted parts of the brain. The ancient Hindu sage Patanjali who had mastered the secrets of the human mind has written a book "Yogasutra".In this book we can see how super powers can be achieved by meditation. It has both cosmic relevance and cosmic resonance. In spite of its universal appeal, for most people total control of mind remains an elusive goal and daunting task. From time immemorial, there have been many attempts throughout the world to unlock the mysteries of the mind and to achieve total control over it through a variety of techniques. One of the most powerful of these techniques is meditation
From India, Kochi
Suru
Hi Prachi!
How are you?
In this world we've to create our own space by not only doing what we need to but by exhibiting the same at right platform in right manner.
Have you missed the bus?
TC
Suru
:idea:

From India, Vadodara
Swati.hr

Hi Prachi,

I joined a company as a Fresher.Even for me at the time of joining i was promised with a salary after 6 months.. But i didnt get my hike.. after that i approached my Boss he told he will do it in the next month salary but not much difference from my previous month salary.. I was totally upset b'coz i was the only person who was handling around 150 employees.. I talked to him reg this but the reply what i got from him is ' u Joined as a fresher and this much we can give u'.. I got frustrated totally b'coz i was working morethan what i was paid.. I waited there for 1 yr but i didnt get any hike or any appreciation(what we expect when we perform good more than money) and started searching out and now got an offer with double my previous salary..

So dont loose ur hope in some companies they will pay after one yr completion.. u've waited till 11months just 1 more month wait and see if the same situation continues and u feel like moving get out of that situation but before that get an offer in hand.

All the best for ur future...

Wishes,

Swati

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.