No Tags Found!

Raj Kumar Hansdah

Sorry.
Not to you, but suggesting to the thread starter.

Only the first two lines pertain to you :
"I find somebody talking sense and practicality. I agree with your point."
Rest of the matter is addressed to the thread-starter.
Sorry, I could not edit it properly. A bit of typo and editing error had remained.
Regards.

From India, Delhi
ukmitra

Hey Ash,
Thanks for your comments my signature.....its a quote from Bible.
Well, on the issue, take my word...it's just impossible and not far more not practical.
Further, I guess two of experts have shared my thoughts and agreed that decision to check-on a fake medical certificate by staff, should be left to the relevant authorities.
If an employee is submitting a Medical certificate from a Regd Doctor, as an HR we should not act as a police officer to judge and doubt the same and in all good faith allow the same, even if it concerns the out-put of bussiness. People are more important than Business.
Regards,
Ukmitra

From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
ritedarong

Dear Rasel and all who answered,
I would like to make you aware of two things here. One is that a software company would be registered under the Shops & Commercial Establishments Act. So the leave rules under this law specific to the state in which your company is situated is to be followed if you do not have a leave policy of your own determined so far.
Secondly if employees are taking sick leave suddenly, Why do you suspect them to be taking leave just for the heck of it. As a prudent HR person please do check up your facility is all clear and okay or needs some housekeeping /sanitation. After ensuring that there is no reason for sickness to be caused by your premises, then you educate all by sending /posting a circular stating the terms of leave and methods of applying and proceeding on leave.
If a person repeatedly falls sick you can insist on getting a medical certificate -to determine the status of a person's health - whether he is healthy enough to start working again or is sick that he cannot continue to work. Then you could accordingly take action.
Remember just because employees take sick leave does not mean that you can doubt their credibility. Remember under law a person is innocent till proved guilty. So lets not jump to conclusions and land in a bigger problems of trust, confidence, etc.
take care,
regards

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.