No Tags Found!

ukmitra

Hey Ash,
This is not practical and has failed miserably in India for private companies. Cost and dynamic of staff staying in different location is abig issue. Besides, family doctors are much advised then others for various reasons.
Your company need to be a BARC Status or Reliance or Pancharantna, where we currently have to go to appointed Doctors for availing paid leave.
ukmitra

From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
ambarish.p
Hi Rasel,
It seems very simple. The company must have it sick leave number fixed.
Normally it vary from 7 - 15 days/ annum.
So make it a stable one. Give fulldays salary for the no of days approved by mgmt. Rest all are unpaid.
Regards
Ambarish

From India, Pune
tvraghavaiah
Sir,
My son complet B.TEC & MBA (March 09), Receintley He joined private compay in Bangalore , the compay give appointment letter, He work 01-08-09 to 20-09-09, The company salary not given to you so, my son drop the duties for reason not given salary for August 09,
so, please how to get salary from this company, please reply me,
Tanking you
yours faithfully
T.V.RAGHAVAIAH
Cell : 09010155777

From India, Vijayawada
Rp1974

Dear Rasel,
I look at this problem from a different perspective. Such absentism clearly indicates the dissatisfaction of the employees in your organizations. I am sure attrition rate in your organization is also very high. Most of the employees are not so open minded to share their concerns ,as it also depends on the culture of an organization. And they prefer to adapt such routes to draw attention.
I fullly agree on the various corrective actions suggested by our freinds here..however, is that a long time solution. I dont belive that any punutive action resolves the problem.
Instead , preventive actions will surely help you to improve the situation. Lets believe in Mcgragors theory " Y".
I wil suggest to have Mgt and HR intervention to identify a problem , need base counselling , E sat survey and then apropriate corrective actions.
Thanks ...
Rahul

From India, Mumbai
munmun.bhoir
Hi Rasel,
You can avoid this by having proper leave policy:
eg:Usually 5 sick leaves are allowed in one calendar year.
If an employee takes more than 5 sick leaves in a year,those days are all without pay.
If you want to avoid the kind of situation you are facing,you have to stick to the policies you define in your organisation.
If you break your rules for one employee, the consequence is you have to break it for all.
Also,try to keep a good relation with the employee so that you can visit him when he is ill,may be in the hospital or his home,wherever he/she stays.This will solve 2 purposes- he will know that the company cares for him (in your case it seems that the employee is not very much attached to the company)& in the meanwhile you can cross check whether he is really sick.
Thanks,
Munmun.

From India, Pune
krishnasince1986
Paste a notice like this - If an employee takes unnecessary leave by providing fake medical certificate then he will be charged under section 420 of IPC and the medical practitioner who issued the certificate will be charged under section 197 of IPC. Stringent action will be taken against them.
You better try to prepare a leave form for those who take medical leave and you add this in that form so that no doctors will sign…………..

From India, Madras
satyavan
Dear Rasel,
Company must have nurturing attitude toward its employees starting right from the top.Employees must be given discrimination free, fair and caring environment to work. Whatever the leave policy company has , it will have to be implemented in letter and spirit for all employees so as to set and maintain the high standrds of ethics , integerity to be followed by employees.
If employees have sick leave to their credit and are taking the same on medical ground and no other benefits like reimbursement of medical bills, I do not think there is any use to run after them ,otherwise every claim or randomly selected claims can be got cross checked for their genuineness and appropriate action including termination can be taken in case of false claims.
Regards.
Satyavan

From India, Delhi
evprabhu
Hi
If any employee says that he is not feeling well , informing from home to his supervisor,
he has to grant him the leave,
My suggestion is
If any employee exceeds leave more than three days , he should be asked to produce medical certificate from the Doctor.No body can challenge the Doctotrs certificate.
The best way to reward some thing to the employee who has not availed sick leave for one month, automatically attendance will improve.
Regards
ev prabhu

From India, Bangalore
preeti12
Hi,
Appoint any doctor or a particular hospital and ask your employees to have a check at that hospital. Bring this into knowledge of every employee that Only that Medical certificate will be applicable if signed or attested by company's panel doctor.This will decrease your fake leaves and also will give your employees good health services.
Thanx

From India, Gurgaon
Ash Mathew

Dear Ukmitra,
Your signature quote is really good. I liked it - and very meaningful.
Back to the issue: Yes, you may have a point there. If the people are widely spread, the company can have Docs in specific geographic location. I dont know if it will work or not - but for now, they can try this and see if this can work as a solution. No harm in they trying right?

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.