Vimala Elengo

I had newly started proprietorship firm (less than 1 year) which is having various kinds of employees. Now the problems I am facing are:

1. 3 employees are asking for bonus. They had joined only in June and they are not yet prompt in their work, and I had many times paid a penalty to our client for their bad work. Now they are asking for Diwali bonus from me.

2. In other case two employees who work pretty fine, agreed to me that if they are reaching the max. capacity and any more file done by them they will get a seperate pay. Now they are also asking for their bonus.

My questions are

1. What is the minimum tenure for an employer to ask for bonus in a firm?

2. When an employer is getting his incentives per month, then can he ask for a bonus? What I feel that for eg if the max capacity fixed is 440 files in a month and when they reach they are paid by the number extra files * Rs. x and they get it along with their salary + their travelling allowance.

So when they are getting it on a monthly basis how can they ask for a same as a yearly bonus.

The problem is that we are just budding and we are not even running under profit for the past several months we didn't get any projects and they were idle but still I paid them the salary that was committed.

When the work of an employer is not satisfactory what are the steps that can be taken?

From India, Mumbai
PreetamDeshpande

Dear Member
Some exact details are required :-
1. Date of starting of Firm.
2. Date of Joining of the employees
3. Has the company made profit in the last financial year i.e. period ending March 31, 2013.
This will help other members to respond to your query.
Regards
Preetam Deshpande

From India, Mumbai
joergehamilton
In every private limited firm owners are facing the same kind of problems; well in that case you need to go according to the company act rules and regulation in terms of bonus. Follow the company act law might be better for you.
From United States, Los Angeles
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.