No Tags Found!

Deepali Gulati

Hi Binzy, I totally agree with you. That can be done. I hope it will work for my company also. Deepali
From India, Chandigarh
katky
HI Deepali
You can 3 thing while providing the offer letter to them.
One is to don't mention the remuration in offer letter
Second is to provide them offer letter after one week of their joining.
Third, Mention the week procees as a trial period & after that period give that offer letter with mention of date.
& MAKE Sure which job proof you are providing to them they all should be with mention of date on them.
NOW, PLEASE TRY TO FIND OUT THE REASON OF THEIR LEAVING & TRY TO PROVIDE THEM NON-MONETRY BENEFITS ASWELL.
TRY TO IMPLEMENT FUTURE SECURING SCHEMES AS WELL
kavita

From India, New Delhi
Deepali Gulati

Hi Kavita,
First two options are fine. but i don't think trail week would work.
Any candiadte can work only for the trial period and can leave then again we are back t the square one.
What in that case?
Deepali

From India, Chandigarh
Sapana

Hi Deepali,
You have put up an excellent query.
Let me tell you what i have done in my organisation for such an issue(working in an IT Industry).
When we give an appointment letter to any individual we make sure that the joining date is not later than 10 days. Employees gives excuses that we have to submit an one month notice to our previous employer.
If we really find a candidate who is good for our job we tell him/her to leave his job in seven days and we will pay his deductions.
That way we know whether the candidate is serious or just using the appointment letter to get some more openings in hand.
Sapana Kale

From India, Pune
shijumatthew

Hi
Hey allen, i think you are pretty right with whatever you have said...makes sense to c if our own systems are proper rather than looking out for possible remedies or going ahead blacklisting candidates.......
what i am wondering is how can you not disclose the compensation package and get a nod from a candidate....Yes he would be fascinated by growth and stuffs, but obviously he would want to have a clear picture of the money he would be earning........
I think the candidate should be made aware of the market standard and the reason for whatever package the company is offering him...this will atleast help in getting a straight forward yes or no from the candidate....
regards

From India, Mumbai
Randi

Hi Deepali

I have exactly the same problem - and I agree with you there seem to be no solution. I have tried all the things mentioned here and an advice to make a higher offer etc. is simply not a solution as I can never be sure that another company is not adding to my offer.

I am giving an offer letter, checking up on the candidates (at least once a week), asking for resignation letters etc. I believe I have minimized the issue by having some tough questions in the HR interview where I try to find out how stable a candidate is, what is most important to the candidate (if money then we have a potential problem), if they seem interested in the profile that we are offering etc. This way I try to make sure that the most "jumping" candidates are not even given a offer.

Beside this I believe that we at the hiring end needs to take responsibility. I have had many candidates for interview that are saying that they have already resigned as they have another offer that they have said yes to. These people I do NOT hire. I tell them that I do not agree with this kind of "shopping" and how should I believe that they will join me and not go for another interview in the time before they are joining me. Most of them properly believe I am crazy - but I do not trust people that do this (no matter that we are all opportunists as somebody wrote here). The least you can do is to tell the company that has given you an offer is that you will not join - I would never tell somebody that is joining that I don’t want them after all on the first day and I expect the same from my potential new employees!

Kind regards,

Randi

From India, Delhi
ragi26873
Hi Sapna and other learned HR professionals,
My query here is that if we ask the candidate to join within 10 days, where as their notice period is longer (most cases 3 months now), how would the candidate join you? You said you would pay for the deductions, but what about his papers, notice period, work completion, etc. What happens if someone from your own company quits within 7 days, without a proper relieving or hand over.
major prob what these "run - away" or "absconding" candidates would face is when they try to apply for onsite or overseas opportunities and other companies, where a reference check happens. They get a reply in negative.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Raghavendra

From India, Bangalore
Deepali Gulati

Hi, I totally agree with Raghavendra that’s why i earlier said i am not sure it will work. Deepali
From India, Chandigarh
Randi

I agree with Raghavendra. I do not like when my employees wants to leave in 10 days and therefore I would not request this of other companies. By of cause I can also be in a situation that I need a candidate and will have to make him/her join in 10 days - but it should not be the normal scenario.
I do not believe that making people join in less than 10 days is the best solution, it is not being fair to the future employee (and his/her future) and to other companies. [/quote][/code]

From India, Delhi
Deepali Gulati

Hi,
How can u move against our own policies by asking a candidate to join in 10 days time?
We all are having the policy(generally) of submiiting your NOC/relieveng letter and experince letter at the time of joining.
A candidate who is joining in 10 days cannot submit these papers.
Think practically.
Its a gud idea but won't work.
Deepali

From India, Chandigarh
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.