iafnanu
Hi,
Apart from your designation as in charge of Admin, you are doing in the interest of the organisation and the people working in. Therefore, do not worry too much about it. Also, you should make them aware of the importance of Admin job by not providing them the required things on time, unless the issue is immediate in nature.

From India, Madras
manavrqp

well to tell u i am working in a MNC ..in Qatar ..I joined the company as an Admin ASST /Hr Asst ....now after 02 yrs of my initial contract last yr i am been promoted as Sr HR/Admin Asst ..My job resposible is in such : right from After Recruit from any country /lic conversion for H Drivers/medical line up/CID finger print /Accidents /stationary/Residence permit renewal /Oracle updates may more ...
Tell u i worked 03 months from filing to Xerox work only ...so u see it is not at all a peon work ..its a work where all tom dick and harry has to bend in front of u ....if some body comments ..just be cool and keep that in mind and sure ur day is for sure next time ...then even if u think the same way then u better quite the such resspossible job and sit home ...bye and smile ...
rgds
Biju Nair
00974 631 36 34
E Mail:nbiju@in.com

From Qatar
Arvind kr chourasia
Dear All, Hr & Admn. is service Deptt.Help people as a friend not as peon or Servent. We are service Provider not doour.

knnaik

Circulate the following story and then everyone will understand:

Old schoolbook story on Cross Functional Awareness
A farmer who regarded his job as highly valuable in running the family, considered his wife’s role as menial. On his constant taunting by him, instead of arguing without any proof, the wife offered to exchange of roles till either of them accepted the others point of view.
The earlier story was as follows:
The farmer’s wife would get up early in the morning and start finishing the morning chores deftly. She would prepare tea for the farmer, make ready his Babul brush, and fill up a jar of water for him to wash his face and mouth and then wake him up. He would wake up when she had made three or four attempts. She will quickly prepare food for which he would take away with him when he went to the farm.
Once the husband went to farm, she would take up other daily chores like getting water from the well, milching the cows and buffaloes, making whey and butter out of curds made from milk and deliver milk to her customers.
Then her small children would get up and had to be cleaned, bathed and fed before they were made ready to go to school. By the time she finished all this, it would be noon and she would have a short siesta after lunch. She would get up and start working again on evening activities. Once in a while she would grind the grains to augment stock of flour. She would start preparing evening meal and some eatables for children who would return from school in early evening. She would get ready water and fresh clothes so that her husband can take a refreshing bath when he returned from farm. Before sunset she had to clean and fill up lanterns to provide light at night. When the herd returned from grazing she had to secure them in their places, feed them and then milch cows and buffaloes. After providing dinner to her husband and children, she could go to bed after cleaning the utensils.
The challenge story:
Since the first to wake up in the family anyway, was the wife she had no trouble getting up and getting ready on time. Being a farmer’s daughter and wife she had no trouble harnessing the bullocks and drive away to the farm. She had cooked her own lunch as a precaution. She found working in open field in sun some what tenuous but not impossible. At home, since the husband had never awakened on his own, he awoke only when the sun had gone up in the sky. He was habituated to having everything ready for him when he woke up. Now that he had to fend for himself, he floundered. He could not lay hands on Babul brush nor could he find the jug to fill up water for his use. Somehow he finished this activity and wanted to have tea. He tried to light up the hearth but did not know how to go about it. The kitchen was filled up with smoke due to improper burning of wood and he started coughing and was breathless. Somehow he managed to make tea and went out and barely took a sip when the children woke up and started bawling for their mother. He had a hard time cleaning, bathing and feeding them. He almost blew his top due to simultaneous cacophony of children who wanted something or the other which he could not provide. With great effort he succeeded in getting them ready and dispatching them to school.
Once the children were gone he suddenly realised that he had not eaten anything since morning and he did not have anything ready to eat. He once again went through the ordeal of lighting the hearth and faced more smoke than heat. Somehow he managed to prepare some modicum of lunch. In the very first bite he winced at the bad taste and regretted at not having tasty food prepared by his wife. When he lay down for afternoon siesta his stomach was virtually empty, his body was aching and he had a severe headache.
In the early evening the children came from school and started hollering for snacks. He did not know where things were stored and had hard time keeping them under control till his wife returned from farm. The wife tauntingly said, “Array, will you give me a glass of water? I am so tired.” The farmer was pissed off but kept a tightlipped silence. The wife smilingly went about the chores that he was supposed to carry out as per the challenge.
Moral of the Story
Due to the male ego of the farmer the tragedy continued for a week before he lost steam and sheepishly accepted the defeat. He learned the lesson of the “cross functional awareness and appreciation” the hard way. Let us not go through the trials and tribulations before we learn the lesson.

Role Reversal taught him to appreciate his Wife’s Point of View. So let us not learn the hard way like the farmer!

From India, Vadodara
najmushashmi

Hi,
Please note that administration person is like a City Magistrate or a Collector & all the govt. machinery like police, MCD and other various govt. functionnaries are reporting to the Administrative Head. Now u could imagine that how much powerful this seat is, but the only way is that how do u look at your position and they way people will look at u. I remember I have seen some of the companaies the Administrative Person is on top of all other positions in the big companies.
I hope the above will surely make u sense the power of administration.
Regards,
N.S. Hashmi

rajsawster

Hi,

I have an inspirational story on this subject:

One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for theairport . We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumpedout of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on hisbreaks, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver of theother car whipped his head around and started yelling at us. My taxi driverjust smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was really friendly.

So I asked, 'Why did you just do that? This guyalmost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!' This is when my taxidriver taught me what I now call, 'The Law of the Garbage Truck.'

He explained that many people are like garbage trucks.They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, full of jealousyand full of disappointment.

As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dumpit and sometimes they'll dump it on you. Don't take it personally. Justsmile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their garbage and spreadit to other people at work, at home or on the streets.

The bottom line is that successful people do not letgarbage trucks take over their day. Life is too short to wake up in the morningwith regrets, so..... 'Love the people who treat you right.. Prayfor the ones who don't.'

Life is ten percent what you make it and ninetypercent how you take it!

Regards

Sawant

From Saudi Arabia
best

Hi, Swati kahte he na k 100 din saas k to 1 din bahu ka so wait for iron come to hot than if u fill the right time than " Maro Hathoda" Bcos they also need Admin or HR help. bye & best luck
From India, Vapi
vaibhav.tal

Tell ur friend .......'If someone around you pulling u down don’t bother about it, it only means that YOU ARE ON THE TOP!!
From India, Aurangabad
sarunavas

I fully agree to Deepthi's comment...
but on a personal basis Admn & HR are two separate roles....(please correct me if I am wrong)...
So one has to be strict yet have to manage with everyone which is quite a job if higher management do not seem to co-operate with..
Regards,
Arunava

From India, Calcutta
vimalrajstc
Hi, Office admin is really a power full role in a company. its not just like that, even in some companies its like managerial role. i have worked in pvt ltd compay as office admin for past 3 yrs. i can even question my senior manager if he comes late(as i was taking attendance & Payroll) Everyone in my company used to send their leave approval also.
Related with facility obviously admin should take care of providing the qood quality in following sector. Spic & Span toilets, rest rooms,the entire office premises should be well cleaned. Office admin is the person should take care of Individual employees care in regards to good work station,phone facility,computer etc.
Ask your freind to take this as chill pill.
Cheers!

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.