KRISHAN GROVER
dEAR Sunil:
I will not advocate on "Shouting Back" as it leaves a bad taste. I would suggest you have a meeting with concerned senior and put forward your point. Having a meeting makes difference. Always insist for his change in behaviour. Look into the reason of his using abusive language. Regards - Krishan

From India, Delhi
esskayhr

Dear mam,
No one in my present organisation have the courage to stop them. jo bhi unko abusive language use karne se rokta hai ya koi suggestion deta hai they simply tell him / her apna full & final le lo. Earlier they have sacked so many employees only in a single day.
Thnaks and Regards,
SUNIL

From India, New Delhi
esskayhr

Dear Sir / mam,
Its a 15 years old company but they do not have any HR policy. So many HR professionals had joined the organisation but till date they don't have any HR Policy and even don't want to implement.
Regards,
SUNIL

From India, New Delhi
Prabha Naidu
Hi Esskay,
We dont have much time to wait & watch when our polite behaviour will influence them. Better start finding a new job as I dont find any growth of yours in that industry. Also next time getting into a new job kindly do a strong reference check of the company.

From India, Vadodara
karthik balaji

Dear Sunil
It all happens in all industries across all levels but not in such language, it may be in your case that :
1. Your senior people are not interested at your recruitment by the company.
2. It may be their attitude like (if they come from low level to senior level, they (not all) always want to show their attitude as they are from operations and we are only supporting).
3. As it is a construction company you may not be in speed to catchup with the requirements and expectations of the company from your depatment.
finally...,
Supervisore, Manager and Workers should ask and tell their problems to HR, no HR should weep before others as you are 30yrs and may got aroun 6-7yrs of experience.
If you can get them under your wave length it's ok else slowly quit and look for BPO/Software industry.
Regrads
Karthik Nayudu.

From India, Hyderabad
ALBORA
Dear esskay
i'm not from india but i know that indians are more responsible and very polite
but as hr manager, consider that you're leader, so use leadership development courses and change management courses to solve your problem if you don't want to lost your job
go through internet and find leadership courses
thanks

From Niger
mani.r.vannan
Hi,
Its simple. I too faced similar problem. Are you getting paid by your employer to get abuse language from others or paid to put your efforts and calibre in terms of growth towards your company. You never have to loose your dignity and self respect at any circumstances. Some people are not aware of the mistakes they makes unless somebody explains them in their own style. Every end has new begining. Put an end and start newly. We are born to create. Happy New Year

From India, Madras
M.J.SUBRAMANYAM

Dear ESSKAY,

I am really sorry the position you are in at present. Please remember, "What cannot be cured must be Endured". There are two ways open to you. One, if you think you are being constantly being abused and you are in a helpless position, think of coming out of that orgnaisation. But this is subject to your getting another alternative good job. Two, if you feel getting another job in another company is difficult, then follow the proverb said above.

Sometimes -why many times- through our nice and good behaviour, manners and toleranace you may try to win over them. But you should have infinite patience. After a long period they may change their attitude towards you. Though this takes a longer time, this is the best course as the change will be permanent. You decide which one to choose.

In the meantime, don't be hasty, be cool, calm and collected. Do a good job earn their good will and apprecition. Things will definitely change for good. Have faith in you and in God.

M.J. SUBRAMANYAM, CHENNAI

From India, Bangalore
rubypinto
Dear
Managers at all levels who ever may be senior/junior should obey the HR policies which shows the dignity of the organisation, the action and speech of each employee shows the reputation of the organisation. you are in good position and as a HR you have the responsibility to provide and create or practise good organization culture in your office. Make new policies for your office and ask everybody to follow it, Using abusive languages, unrespectable words, eating in workplace, talking while chewing gums, betals, pans etc., inside office etc., create many ideas like this and circulate it through mail. take your first step to change the people.
one thing you should keep in mind is , it is not only you, the people who uses such languages themselves may feel shy about themselves after some days of following the disciplinary steps which you made.
Thanks,
Rubypinto

From India, Madras
gitoriarn
Dear SK,
This seems there is no female in your firm, and if you have power to appoint few work force then try to put some talented females at high/middle positions who will work around your all bosses. This could control at least 60% and even if controlled by 30-40% would be your successful step.
Regards,
RN Gitoria

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.