varalakshmik
Dear Vanitha
Our's is manufacturing setup and here we legally allow our muslims brothers to do there prayers and give them there time only during the Ramzan period but not on a regular basis.
This is only to ensure that we dont hurt and interfere in religious practices.
The names of those employee would already go to the production manager to plan his production accordingly.
Hope this is of some help to you in your decision making
Regards
Varalakshmi

From India, Bangalore
hrahead
Hi All I am Fully Satisfied with Mr.Khadir Suggestion,in this way we can let them to perform their prayer easily without wasting precious time.
From India, Bhopal
saswatabanerjee

Hi ram,
The above amounts to racial profiling. Unfortunately it's the first thing people will think. Few of course will bother to state it like you have done. I was making the same point, that if some people misuse prayer, employers will stop recruiting Muslims. That is bad for the society in the long run. That worries me. Of course each business will do what's good for them not what's good form the society .....

From India, Mumbai
pbphad
No body can allowed to show his religious interest in public life ,if you allow to them to follow namaz then other people will start maha arati or gurubani then your office will become mandir mazid or gurudwara and you can win the national award by the hands of our precident of india for Rastiya Ekatmata but your company will be bankrupt. no any nation allowed such a type of religious activities in office time .
regards,
Pradeep

From India, Mumbai
manoj.thakur21

I would request the administrator to stop this discussion; most of the persons are advocating their agenda without being realistic and considering larger socio-economic interests and industrial peace.
Advocating a point just because I belong to that specefic community is not the right and professional approach.
Better to stop this discussion. Ms Vanitha must had got the Idea what she should do.
Thanks
Manoj Thakur

From India, Mumbai
ramamurthyn

i wud not advise this, ms vanitha. we are a secular state and tolerant towards all religious practices. But that doesnt mean we are going to allow separate prayer time during working hours. Work is work and that itself is worship. i am working for the last 29 years in HR and i'm in a senior HR position in a wellknown company. i hv not seen any muslim taking time to pray in working hours. i hd some of the closest friends from Muslim community. I still remember Mr Aladdin from Andhra to whose house i used go during Ramzan and enjoy the sweets there. I hv not seen them do prayers in working hours. As somebody observed here, it is permitted in Gulf countries being predominatedly muslim countries. but there Fridays are holidays and not sundays! We are country of multiple religious practices and we cannot allow discount for every religious practice inside a company. I say to stop this practice and do not allow this... from the way u explained that lady, i think she is taking praying time as rest time!
From India, Bangalore
Intazar
Please discuss with employee, I also offer a prayer (Namaz) at office working hours. I take a time maximum 15 mint.. He can adjust Zohar namaz at lunch time or Asir namaz at before leaving the office or he manage prayer time with increase office working hours. If he spend 30 mint total offering a prayer, He will increase office time with her/himself. like if office hour is 9-5.30 p.m., he can adjust prayer time with office hours at 9 to 6 or 6.30 p.m as per discussion with our senior. I think it will very helpful for both side. i also spend 30 mint more in my office for adjusting prayer time.
From India, Gurgaon
bhaskarreddyganta
Hi Vanitha,
In my view, you can discuss with employees, and ask their view on the same and further you can go ahead.
The best thing is if they continue the same, better ask them to work extra in the morning or evening which they are using for prayer.

From India, Hyderabad
Neethu TK
Hi,
Any restriction on Namaz can create issues. Rather you should suggest to the employee to work extra hour to compensate , if the work she/ he doing is time based. If its delivery based and if the individual is managing her/his time to complete the deliverables and namaz, we should not be complaining .
Regards,
Neethu

From India, Bangalore
flasher

Hello vanitha,
You are not a muslim that’s why you are feeling such things. I am a muslim and I know one thing no one can stop anyone from praying. And that thinking of stopping itself is bad. If during the office hours if prayer is called then what can people do. They are supposed to pray so they will pray. If half an hour goes in that company wont loose millions or billions. So why are you making this topic as a big thing. I am in a gulf country and here is you stop a employee from just praying then it is a biggest sin. We muslims wont tolerate that also. We not going for party. Lunch break will be hardly an hour. In that hour also people can pray . but the evening pray when will they. Does your company give snack break. No right. Then please don’t make it such a important thing.
and finally one more thing
yes you need to permit NAMAZ during office hours. no other option

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.