Ira pandey
In my company, they are forcing us to work 9 hours daily, 6 hours a week, 54 hours a week. HR of my company is not listening to us. They are threatening us that they will destroy our careers by making out bad character certificates and forcing us to resign. That's why no one is able to speak against it. They are justifying 9 hours by saying 8 hours work 1 hour lunch, but you are not allowed to go outside. You have to complete 9 hours daily.

They are also forcing us to work more than 9 hours daily. What can I do in regard to it? I don't want my name to come in all these matters, but I'm also not ready to accept this exploitation.

From India, Delhi
Madhu.T.K

9 hours work on a single day casually is permissible but you can not make it a regular practice. Advise the HR Manager that this kind of attitude only make the employees form Union for collective bargaining. background verification and negative remarks in the relieving order are the tools of the new generation HR Managers. But let them understand that it applies to them also. A negative comment about the HR climate of the organisation in the social media would cost a lot for the organisation.
From India, Kannur
Ira pandey
They make us work daily more than 9 hours even on Saturday more than 9 hours. And it’s also work from office they made us to stay at office late and than going back to home is really unsafe
From India, Delhi
Madhu.T.K

The solution is to speak to the HR in your monthly meeting and if he is not ready to change his attitude, give a complaint to the Labour Officer who can conduct an inspection and report this non compliance. You can also expose the organisation as "the worst place to work".
From India, Kannur
Ira pandey
We tried to talk to seniors and hr and every responsible person for it but unfortunately no response.

I want to know is there any way through which I can complaint in labour office without exposing my identity as I don't want to risk my career.

From India, Delhi
Madhu.T.K

You can very well bring it to the notice of the Officer responsible for enforcement of labour laws in the area but it may spoil your career. As already said, it is on its strength that they are doing like this. They know that nobody will raise any complaint against them. But if you keep silent, the situation will get worsen in future.

There are links in the portals like EPF and ESI where you can complaint about an organisation. The labour department portals of many states also have such facilities. You can use it. Without one person to bell the cat, others cannot have a peaceful service!

From India, Kannur
Arg8718
You can also put this grievances online portal of PMO
From India, Ahmedabad
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Working beyond 8 hours attracts over time. All the employees should claim over time for extra hours of work. You need to bring this to the authority of labour and factory. The HR can't do anything because they are helpless under the pressure of management. Nowadays many avenues are there to lodge complaint online, lodge complaint in labour & director of factory portal with evidence or meet in their respective office. And sent the copy of the memo to all the heads of department.
From India, Mumbai
saswatabanerjee

First, lunch hour / time is excluded from working time under all labour laws, therefore the HR is correct to that extent. It is not necessary for them to let you go out of the office (though that rule is excessive in the current scenario). As long as you are not working during lunch hour, it's still 8 hours of work in a day.

If you are not happy with the terms of service, you should look for another job. They can not spoil your career if you are leaving and joining another company. Since you know complaining is meaningless, then dont bother to do it and instead see which other company you can work for.

The rest, is hardly going to help you.

From India, Mumbai
clayton-forbes
Overtime, working more than eight hours attracts. Every employee should submit a claim for overtime pay as it becomes available. You must bring this up with the factory and labor authorities. Under the pressure of management, the HR department is powerless and unable to take any action. There are numerous ways to file complaints these days, including online, through the labor and factory director portals, with supporting documentation, or in person at the appropriate office. and distributed a copy of the memo to each department head.
From Vietnam, Hanoi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.