sulakshana H
I need a Help to change the office Timing .Please suggest how can i convince management
In my current Organisation office timing is 10 am to 7 PM it include 30 mins lunch break and 10 mins break for morning tea & 10 mins evening tea.
we are working for 6 days
I want change office time to 10 am to 6 pm including breaks and 1 weekly off or 5 days working
As per the Shop and establishment act working hour should not exceed more then 8 hour including break . The working hours on any day can not exceed 9 hours (again depending on which state as the shop and establishment act is separate for all states).

From India, Pune
Madhu.T.K

Working hours under any Act can be 8 hours excluding intervals of rest. I don't know if there is any state Act which says that the working hours including intervals shall be 8 hours. Therefore, there is no point in asking the management to change it to 8 hours including lunch break. Of course, the timing that you presently followed is 10 minutes higher than the permitted one and that can be corrected.
In practice the tea time is not actually considered as break for interval because the duration is less than 30 minutes. If so, the maximum that you can make is a timing of 10 am to 6.30 pm or make it from 9 am to 5.30 pm. In case you adopt 5 days working then make it 9 hours per day excluding lunch time so that the total hours will be 45 hours and decide to serve tea at the workplace so that you will not lose time for tea. Remember that the maximum hours that an employee may be permitted to work ON A DAY is 9 hours. This means that on one day you can make an employee work for 9 hours but the maximum hours per week should not be ore than 48 hours. If you work only for five days, obviously you will be working for 45 hours only and that is within the permitted limit.
When you work for 9 hours and take 30 minutes break for lunch the spread over will be 9 hours and 30 minutes and that is also within the permissible limit of 10 hours and 30 minutes.

From India, Kannur
nathrao

There is really nothing to convince management.
Timings are laid down by Shops and Establishment Act of the State your office is working, Factories Act.
Following law is our natural duty w/o any need for convincing anybody.

From India, Pune
Akhil Parthasarathy
If there is a legal limit then you can get your management to change the timings, else it is upto them.
Alternatively all the employees can suggest a reduction in the timings citing over worked, stress, less time for family etc... And hope the management takes it.

From India, Chennai
sulakshana H
thanks Akhil And Madhu. As per my understanding can change timing to 10 am to 6 pm including 30 min lunch break and tea at desk .So no 10 mins break .1 weekly off . Is it correct
From India, Pune
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear colleagues,
The Shop Act or Factories A.ct lay down daily/weekly limits of working hours excluding half an hour meal break and not timings. The timings are decided by the management which should be adhering to the limits of 8 hours per day or 48 hours per week of actual work excluding meal break.
You may choose your timings starting any time after 8 .30 am and ending after 8.30 hours ( including meal break).
You are liberty to work lesser hours than weekly limit of 48 hours and the law does not come in your way if daily 9 hours limit is adhered to.
Regards,
Vinayak Nagarkar
HR-Consultant

From India, Mumbai
JudeGR

Would like to understand why you want to change the timing? If it adds value to your business, you need not wait to change it
From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.