No Tags Found!

nkulsh

Harsha

Have you actually solved the problem? NO... you have just postponed the inevitable. The problem will surface again. This time it was Sodexo passes, next time it could be something else.

I think all of us are missing the point here. We must try and separate professional life from our personal. I understand it is extremely difficult to do so but an attempt must be made. Once a person steps into the office, they are no longer wife, sister etc of anyone else in the organization. They are simple employees ( guided by the organization heirarchy and policies) like the rest of them. If anyone and absolutely anyone has a problem with this, then they are bound to craete problems of which there are no simple solutions apart from parting ways.

I think you immediately need to start educating every one about Organizational Culture and the need to separate personal from professional. People will either take a hint and change or they will leave. Either way, it will only make your organization stronger.

No one, and absolutely no one in any organization is indispensible. They create some kind of difficulty when they leave but that's about it. It's temporary till someone else comes and takes the responsibility.

Cheers

Navneet

From India, Delhi
rajeshwari.ramachandran

Dear Prachi,
What does your company policy say about husband & wife working in same office. Tell him clearly not to bring his personal ego of equal treatment to his wife in a place where employees are treated uniformly. i think he is raising the issues because he is not seeing the situation as an employee but as a husband to the wife.
try explaining or look for two replacements.
regards
Rajeshwari

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Mahalakshmi.k

Hi,
It's quite clear that he might be having a different offer, or have already decided to leave from the company, as this minor thing shouldn't be disturbing more esp with this level, understand what has your superiors got to say about this ,as this is very sensitive and likely to disturb the entire lot..
Mahalakshmi

From India, Pune
anjusethi20

Dear Prachi,
to solve this at the moment, do one thing, buy a special gift from comapany's account, & Let director give a chance to present it to his wife. because this is the truth that she is his wife. 7 he is the director of the company. You can become littlebit extra special for her as she is the exception amongest other employees. but side by side your HR director must councel the director in a polite way that this is not professionalism.
Thanks,
Anju

From India, Gurgaon
shweta.srm
Hi Prachi!!
This person has blown this issue out of proportion.
However, I have a comment to make on the treatment on employees.
I feel every employee in the organisation is the same and should be treated similarly.
We also celebrate birthdays at office on the last friday of the month but we have entry level, middle management and sr. management all celebrating together in one gathering. So we order for a big cake which the birthday babies for the month cut and then we distribute pastries for the rest of the staff.
If required the employees call their friends and colleagues for a personal party later.
This ensure that there is no heart burn or ego hurt for any one.
Regards
Shweta

From India, Bangalore
sunnytho
Dear Prachi,

From your explanations, i understand that that is not B'day party is not a main issue. If your employee is in a such a valuable position, he will not be make these kind of issue. He will not create any issue, even if you did not celebrate her (His Wife's) B'day.

He may have ego, then let him go. If he wants to leave, ask him the reason to leave the company in written.

Otherwise, when the next performance increments come, give an extra increment to his wife. ( offer the same personally now)..

Thanks
Sunny

dkm_2k
Dear Shaloo
I am very much pleased by your thinking. B'day celebrations are not to be a level-oriented function in any organisation. All employees should be treated the same way for such functions/ celebrations. Director should have made fuss to generalise the point rather than make fuss and personlaize the whole thing. That would have made him appreciated more by the compamy employees.

From India, Bharat
dkm_2k
Hi Prachi
I feel
1. The Director having such views is not fit to hold a senior position.
2. Birthday celebrations should not be a source of discrimination amongst employees as there is nothing official about it.
3. Since the wife is understading and mature, Director's behaviour should not be taken seriously. HR or MD should speak to him and ask him to take his own wise decision as he has all rights to make decisions for his life and career. he should not be given undue importance and plainly told that although his absence from the company would be a loss to the company but at the same time company shall continue its growth with somebody else on-board. Nobody can take undue advantage of company and its manpower to his advantage. If someone tries to, he is deemed to be unfit despite his contributions and sincereity.
Regards
Deepak Mittal

From India, Bharat
Bhaveshmsw

Hi friends,
if is not understand. put it out side. ok.
First of all his wife is company employee then after his wife. When her birthday & When she join organisation. what u should do past year. if this is her first birthday u cant change in HR policy.

From India, Ahmadabad
riank

Hi Prachi,
Well I cannot comment on whether the person is efficient or not, but one thing I'm sure is that once the person has decided to leave the organization (he has totally made up his mind), there's no use in holding him back in company, coz even if this person decides to stay back, his performace is never going to b same again as it use to be before. please let me know what u think on this......
bye

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.