No Tags Found!

srinivas nednurkar

Dear,
When you are stating that he is an efiicient employee , I can understand you are at the level of judging people. Let him quit the job by god grace India is flooded with efiicient people like you... If one quits another will come may be he is ore efiicient from the current one..
Regards
Srinivas N

From India, Hyderabad
rajbalakrishna

If somebody at that level cannot model the behavior expected of a leadership role, it is best to let him go... if you bend backwards to please him, you will be setting a wrong precedent as Riyaz has rightly said. However, there is a possibility that this is an outwardly excuse for something else that's irritating him! Get someone senior to talk to him and find out.
From India, Bangalore
aruna@pacerautomation.com
Hi Prachi,
Infact you being in HR, can also have a talk with his wife and explain the situation to her. If she is convinced, she can definitely make her husband understand and all this confusion can end at once.
Regards,
Aruna

From India, Bangalore
devi.tulsi
Hi prachi...
i dont think this person is matured enough to be at senior director level.... he should understand that office is diff n personal life is diff... its not office responsibility to celebrate his wife's bday as he wants... rules are for every body

From India, Nasik
msn
Dear Ms Prachi Jain,
1. A Senior person, of a Director level, will not leave the Job, for such a reason. There could be something else which he is not revealing.
2. Convince him that this would be compensated for on his marriage anniversary.
3. Speak to his wife, explain to her the dilemma in which the HR is, and the policy of the Company. And if it is within the Company's Scope you should also gift her of something of her choice. If she is happy, i believe that she can influence her husband's decision.
Thanks, with regards
msn

sapatsundar
Dear Prachi,
Its a unique situation to be in. Just some thoughts, if he has been with the org long enought he would know the way these things are done, so its not ignorance. As far as efficiency is concerned I am not too sure of it. If its your org's policy then there is not much that can be done. If he wishes to quit so be it you may be better off without him.
Lastly we do have a similar practice in my company too. The only differrence is that irrespective of whose birthday or anniversary it is, they are alll celebereated in the same way. After all a birthday or a anniversary has the same importance to all irrespective whether he is Director, clerk or the office boy.
Regards,
sapatsundar

Trekha

Hi Prachi,

I do agree with Riyaz’s point

Do one thing , don’t west your vigor on convince him , I m sure he is not ready to listen coz this is matter of his wife.
Just tell him discreetly like sir why are you so annoyed in this case. We all are doing this things as per our Co’s policy and you knew that
We have a set levels as per policy and we had celebrated your’s wife b’day as per the set levels, at that time if you had a plan to celebrates your wife b’day then that was yours personal things. And that has not comes as official thing I apologize for advance.

Be Candid, and also search for some other efficient person, not to worry you got a good candidate

Trust truly is the one thing that changes everything

Kind Regards
Rekha

From India, Delhi
John Chapman

This is proof that managerial seniority and personal maturity do not necessarily go together. This man needs to grow up.

the_hrrecruit
Hi All,

A thorn stuck in the throat situation for you Prachi...but what it seems is not actually the case...

a) He has some other intentions...like what other members had suggested (i) Quitting the job for something better OR getting a better bargain from the management.

b) There could be some internal issues with the senior team / colleagues which is troubling him

c) We can't doubt his inefficiency or of making unrealistic expectations, as he has been with the organization for the past 7 years, and if so was there similar instances previously before his marriage of him making demands/special treatment???I don't think so.

d) And when you mean his birthday was celebrated differently, was there anything else then the presence of top management?? Their presence is a different case, but have you discriminated in any other terms which has hurt his personal ego?

Some one needs to have a one-on-one with him and clear the air. There is more to his attitude than what meets the eye....a nice case study!!!!This has to be dealt on personal terms.

Thanks,
Ajith

From India, Bangalore
the_hrrecruit
Hi,
I agree to point number 1, what you have suggested.
But 2 & 3 are not acceptable, as it will create a wrong precedence, and involving his wife in such matters may make matters worse for the other employees at the same ranks, as it will open a window for regular tantrums.
Talk and solve the issue, as i don't see much issue in it....else no one is irreplacable!!!

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.