monixs

Hi,
Since the employee has sent the resignation it means he has given formal letter to discontinue with the organization in such a scenario this cannot be counted as a absconding case.
The employee was associated for 7days with the organization this should be considered as a "Drop Out" case and should be treated as No pay no recovery case. This will not be considered as an attrition to an organization and should not be shown in the attrition %.
Regards
Monica

From India, New Delhi
ssivaprakash2006
Everyone, Has he been issued a formal appointment order ? No. Then how can he be called an employee ? So where is the question of "employee " TQ shiva
From India, Trivandrum
SAIBHAKTA

Dear Neelam. However if he has signed the attendance register maintain that record for any future need that may arise......
From India, New Delhi
loginmiracle

Dear Siva,
The question of issuing or not issuing an apptt.letter is secondary for the follg reasons:
1. A contract or agreement could be oral also, if it is in writing and consent of the parties are available on records is fine, legally oral agreement is also valid.
2. The person in question was in office, would have signed attendance register and other documents, they would have entered his name in entry and exit register and other documents and "by estoppel" he has been an "employee" whether U pay/paid him or not.
So now the question is what to do with him in this scenario ? Precisely it is not worth pursuing him any more. In case he ask for his pay or any other documents like apptt. or experience letter then U can handle it differently when need arises. For the present, to be legally or logically close his case prepare his pay for the days "he worked" and keep in "arrears * unclaimed suspense". There ends the matter.
kumar.s.

From India, Bangalore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Estoppel RES JUDICARTA.doc (51.5 KB, 33 views)

Mehrunisa Basima

Since the employee has not collected the appointment letter and neither he was ready to talk about the terms and condition of the appointment, that means that he has not agreed with the terms and conditions. Hence what you can do is that you can accept his resignation letter and close his chapter as soon as possible and there is no point in wasting your time on him.
From India, Kochi
sandeeprana81

1-railway is going through a huge loss that's why railway is increasing fare charges
2-Roadways is going through a huge loss so they are charging more fare price
3-indian oil has increased fuel price after noticing a huge loss & to recover from that they decided to charge more.
4- sabji-wala says bhai ji mandi ke rate bar gaye hai is liye bhaji terkari bhi mehgi milegi.
BUT OUR RESPECTED HR PERSON SAYS TO THE INTERVIEWER, WHO IS an MBA AND WHO HAVE SPENT RS-300000-500000 RESPECTIVELY I CAN GIVE U ONLY RS-6000/MTH, OR RS-7000/MONTH.
WHICH IS LESS THAN THE WAGES THAT A ILLITERATE LABOUR GETS WHICH IS RS-250 TO 300/DAY WHICH APPROX RS-7500/MONTH, i want TO ASK THOSE RESPECTED HR PERSONS WHY SO INJUSTICE TO THOSE LITERATE PEOPLE WHO HAVE DEVOTED ALONG PERIOD OF THEIR LIFE AND MONEY. JUST ASK YOUR SELF WHAT YOU PEOPLE DOING, IF YOU STILL THINK THAT IT’S ALL JUSTICE TO THEM THAN KEEP DOING..

From India, Bareilly
Ankita1001

Dear Sandeep,

Firstly, I really can understand your plight.

Coming to your question -

1. Yes, everything is on rise, except business. If you look at economy you would find that one of the reasons for the prices to shoot up is also the economic turmoil or recession as a layman understands. Major part of the world have shrunk their intake and are freezing recruitment as there is nothing they can pay.

2. I can understand a person shells out money to pursue higher studies (be it mba or msc or ms or mtech or whatever, it costs a bomb) but honestly, one should be analysing the opportunity costs and return on investment.

3. Just because one is mba, a company is not obliged to pay you more. Company would pay you if you bring in business and bring profit to the company. If there's no in-flow, how do you expect company to pay you?

4. Ok, we HR hire you, and negotiate the salary with you. Does that mean we are at our free will to pay the salary claimed by all? If we were, we would love an increment ourselves. Contratry to the belief, HR too are as subtly paid as any other employee and no HR has salary fixing in his/her hand. Sure we put an estimate but again it is for top management to approve or modify it, based on market standard (which will be position, industry specific) as well as profitability of the company.

5. If you expect the MNC kind of pay and benefits from Small/Medium or Start up business, I guess not the company but you're at fault.

6. No one would force you to work at petty salary. We would just offer you. Ultimately it is you who has to decide if you wish to take it up or put it down. If you're confident of getting better salary, why accept the offer and why take the whole issue so seriously... focus elsewhere and work better to climb the ladder.

7. Lastly, I would want you to re-read your last line which states -

Would answer this one -

We HR people think that we are human who have the ability to take the hatredness that our colleagues have for us and yet not keep grudges and help them with their career, professional, work-related as well as personal problems (esp when it hinders at work), would like to help people with their career management, who acts as a link between the top management and the colleagues and also take the things from here to top, ensuring anonymity so that no one is in troubled waters...

But at the end, we usually get a weird thankyou, the one you gave us right now.

That is fine, coz we have learnt the art of forgiving and forgetting. May God bless you with a better offer. And if incase you need any clarification on how to clarify and justify or negotiate in the interview, you can send me a private message stating your qualification, experience (relevant & total), key achievements, Certifications (if any), extra-curricular activities.

Rather than focusing on why is someone not offering good, let's focus on how can we make ourselves worth good and convince employer that we're worth the price.

---------------------

Sorry if I was rude at any part of my post. It was unintentional. Just wanted to put across the factual scenario (scene behind the stage)

And hope it helped somewhere. :)

From India, Mumbai
Raj Kumar Hansdah

I understand the angst and frustration of Sandeeprana81.

MBA's coming out of second rung institutes or where campus placement has not taken place; get a rude jolt then they face the real job market.

I have come across many cases where the employer (consultancies and SME's) are paying about Rs. 8000 to fresher MBA's. Although they are not from any reputed B-school or Universities; the salary is quite low for any MBA from any accredited institution.

From my experience of Compensation & Benefits, its my opinion that MBA's should not be hired for less than Rs. 2.5 LPA CTC; even if they are from Institutes who are way below in ranking else an MBA (or for that matter any professional qualification holder) should not be hired if he is not found up to the mark.

Having said that, I agree with the explanation put forward by Ms. Ankita Shah. HR has a limited role in most organizations, and there are a lot of other factors which affecting such compensation structure; the worst being that such employers will always find another candidate willing to accept these terms.

I think this calls for a fresh discussion on a separate new thread.

From India, Delhi
HR Hiral Mehta

Dear Raj Kumar,
I suggest you being super moderator to separate the post as a new thread of Sandeeprana81. This is all togeather a area of discussion which might help every employee in the organization having same grudge. Infact it is no where related to the original thread too & can be contributed a lot by other HR's too.
Pl consider this a humble request. Just my point of view if at you consider it to be done.

From India, Ahmedabad
HR Hiral Mehta

pl read the second sentence as; This is all together a SEPARATE area of discussion......................................
From India, Ahmedabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.