No Tags Found!

sadiq.noorulla

Hi Sundaram,
I am really surprised to see such a statement from senior member like you
{quote}
You cannot assume that all those who are reading your postings are jobless or sitting idle. Please do not make our life miserable
{quote}
This is the main reason lot of people will not come forward to ask queries in forms,They are afraid of there written communication
We cannot expect every individuals are expert in English.Instead advises and suggestions will encourage members to improve there communication

From India, Bengaluru
Anonymous

I totally agree with Mr. Noorulla.
This forum is not only for the experts, the very section 'Talk to seniors' is meant for the juniors to come forward and take guidance from their expertise.
I agree her English was not fluent and nor was her writing skills. But she had a problem and it was obvious from her posting she is a newbie seeking help. I don't see a reason for us to reprimand her by going off to the tangent.

From India, Mumbai
HIRAL BHOJANI

@NK Sundaram I agrred that my english is not fluent like u but my language is not insulting like you.
@Harsh Kumar Mehta First i want to clear that i am not jobless and i don't have a time for fake posting here i posted which i faced.even my name is displaying so i am not posting as anonymous
@shaan my director is hired me with my talent and good manner and i am good perfomer if u need my directors number i will give you only fluent english is not required for good hr and you don't have a rights to say about my merit & qualifications.
Being a senior members u have a rights to correct my english. but you don't have a rights to insult me.
I agreed that my english writing skill is not good and fluent but that doesn't mean u can insult like this

From India, Kolkata
nathrao

""This is the main reason lot of people will not come forward to ask queries in forms,They are afraid of there written communication ""
Spell check should have been used to correct English.
I am sure that the people concerned would know of this feature.
In the office of these learned members,I wonder which language is used for putting up letters,notes from HR etc
Many members just do not take pains to punctuate,use spell check etc while posting.
That is why senior members get unhappy and vent their feelings.
Long sentences have been framed-which means person knows English but failing to use full stops,commas give a different meaning to a reader.
Knowing English and being a good employee are two different things.
Whatever be the matter,one must write in reasonably good language,following grammar,writing etiquette and in small sentences to convey their thoughts.

From India, Pune
Harsh Kumar Mehta

1. Dear members, I am regularly contributing in this citeHR since more than 2 years and during this period, I have not come across any incidence in which I may have to feel sorry for any of my remarks. But on going through the remarks of the initiator of this thread and 2 more participants as above, I feel that I should have not written any thing in this thread and I feel sorry.

2. When the remarks of the initiator of the thread were not clear, I should not have touched this thread at all. After reading above remarks, I feel that the so called "handikap" may be doing her work properly and the employer or the boss of the initiator may also be correct in retaining the so called "bechari" on the job, which she is reported to be doing since 7 years.

3. There were/are number of threads, which I avoid due to reasons that either the facts reported were not mentioned in proper and simple manner, nor there was any precautions taken to write with proper grammar and punctuation. In some of threads objectionable words as mentioned in this thread like "bechari" etc. are used. Certainly, it is beyond our scope to teach english grammar and punctuation. Therefore, the remarks as recorded by initiator of this thread and 2 more participants as above are certainly discouraging for myself and in future, I will avoid such topics/threads as may be possible. Perhaps Admn and senior administrator of this citeHR will appreciate my this submission and will point out any error or mistake at my level, if any.

From India, Noida
Madhu.T.K

I think we are deviating from the main discussion by unnecessarily brining in soft skill. Yes, it is very important as far as an HR executive is concerned but you should not interpret it as good English communication. I feel that for an HR person, local language is more important though many think that without English an HR cannot survive. In my understanding, it is not good presentation but good listening capacity which makes an HR person perfect. The former is the function of trainers and consultants and that can be gained even from Colleges but the latter is something which should be developed by himself.

Only due to the fact that one has been hired by the Director/Directors after undergoing a series of interviews and group discussions (artificially fabricated events in the selection process) he cannot become an effective employee. There can be selection errors. When the error is pointed out by the superiors, you should accept it. You can not then say that I was appointed by the Director and therefore, whatever I do will be perfect. When you have a problem you can address it and take advice from others. That was what happened here also. Now, being an HR what you have to do is to observe carefully and find a solution. You should consider many things about an employee, ie, her mental feelings, things around her personal life, emotions and so on. After observing all these, you can have a meeting with the employee and convince him/ her in a very positive manner. This should be the approach from an HR person.

Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
CHR

I agree with Madhu.T.K. While it's important that the users use proper English, and perhaps we even need to mention it to the users at fault. It needs to be done in an encouraging passing remark.
Threads should not become about the grammar capabilities of the user, who is here to ask for help and advice. Be kind to them and help where you can.
Regards,
CHR

From India, Gurgaon
JPanda

Dear Hiral,

Please do not get discouraged by the comments given for your English. Let people understand that English is just a language and it has nothing to do with your knowledge o ability. We live in a country that comprises of so many different languages and not all schools have English as their primary language.

Now coming to your main query, their are many experienced Seniors who have tried to answer your query. Hope that will help you.

I just wanted to add my experience here, I had exactly the same experience in one of my jobs. When I read it, I felt like you are just writing my story. And I tried almost all the solutions mentioned here - I approached my bosses with solutions and alternatives, I gifted her on her birthday, I appreciated her work wherever I could. Nothing helped. Seemed like my bosses had completely turned a blind eye to her behavior. I waited for 3 long years to see no change. And finally, I quit & took up a better assignment elsewhere. I am still wondering what made them ignore her behavior. I think the only help here can come from your seniors with some efforts from your side.

From India, Mumbai
JPanda

Dear Hiral,

Please do not get discouraged by the comments given for your English. Let people understand that English is just a language and it has nothing to do with your knowledge o ability. We live in a country that comprises of so many different languages and not all schools have English as their primary language.

Now coming to your main query, their are many experienced Seniors who have tried to answer your query. Hope that will help you.

I just wanted to add my experience here, I had exactly the same experience in one of my jobs. When I read it, I felt like you are just writing my story. And I tried almost all the solutions mentioned here - I approached my bosses with solutions and alternatives, I gifted her on her birthday, I appreciated her work wherever I could. Nothing helped. Seemed like my bosses had completely turned a blind eye to her behavior. I waited for 3 long years to see no change. And finally, I quit & took up a better assignment elsewhere. I am still wondering what made them ignore her behavior. I think the only help here can come from your seniors with some efforts from your side.

Posted Today

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.