No Tags Found!

abhi22.kumar
Hi all
I am working with a proprietorship firm since one year. I have given 18 earned leaves in a year which is due in this financial year (April 2009-March 2010) Please let me know, what is the general rule for availing these leaves and what about if i will not avail all the leaves in this year?
Thanks & Regards,
Abhishek

From India, Calcutta
Gunjan Sarojwal

Hi Abhishek,
In my concern, the earned leaves can be accumulated and carried forward for next year as well.
Moreover, earned leaves can be encashed at the end of financial year.
You can avail as many earned leaves as are there in your leaves account.
Earned leaves are added on a pro rata basis, i.e. once you complete a month, you will get an earned leave in your account for that month.
I got 15 earned leave, out of which i took only 5 leaves, so out of remianing 10 leaves, I got 5 encashed and 5 carried fwd in my account.
Please refer to the laws for leaves for establishments in your city/state as the laws can be different.
Thanks
Gunjan

From India, New Delhi
R.N.Khola

For pon 1965 Dear, This type of leave accumulation may relates to Govt. service. Plz clarify which law allow such accumulation. Regards, R.N.Khola (Labour Law & Legal Consultants) 09810405361
From India, Delhi
ramnathmsw1976

Hi....
accumalation of EL is upto 30 days only not 300...n u can encash it after the completion of that period....and in the presiding year if the employee had worked for 240 days...then ur eligible for EL leaves......and for per 20 working days u get i EL for the proceeding year.....
say... eg. if an employee joined in year 07-08 - had worked 2/3 in that year he/she wil be eligible for EL for the next - i.e 08-09 - total 15 El and in this period if he had taken(utilised) only 3 EL then 12 EL + the total EL earned for the period 08-09 will be for the next period 09-10...so the max accumalation is 30 which further can be encashed....
Plz advice me if there is a mistake....
ramnath

From India, Bangalore
maheshpandey12@gmail.com
Plz refer 2 Factories Act, 1948 under leave with wages chapter, 2 be precise u/s 79 of the said Act. Tks mahesh pandey
From India, Calcutta
pon1965

Dear Mr.Khola, PSUs and listed companies are allowing to accumulate 300 days. I am not aware of factories act rules. I was in L&T where I was allowed to do accumulate upto 330 Days.
From India, Lucknow
R.N.Khola

Dear O.K. Thanks for response & clarification on the subject. Regards, R.N.Khola (Labour Law & Legal Consultants) 09810405361
From India, Delhi
bijaya_callme

Hi,
If u completed minimumum 240 working days during a calender yr, then no. of EL =no.of working days/15.In case of not availing EL, those can be carried forward to the next calender yr. and that is upto maximum 30days.
Regards,
Bijaya

From India, Bhubaneswar
R.N.Khola

Dear Bijaya, Under which Act this to be divide by 15 for calculating E L ? Regards, R.N.Khola (Labour Law & Legal Consultants) 09810405361
From India, Delhi
Gunjan Sarojwal

Hi,
Different states have diff provisions for leaves. Its better if you go through the act/provision under which your organization comes. E.g My organization comes in Delhi establishments act. Plz refer to the relevant laws before making any rules.
You can also get to know about the enactments from your accounts/ PF officer. Even they used to have such information.
Thanks
Gunjan

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.