josephkuruvilla
There are two aspects here.
These days candidates take things for granted.I remember a candidate walking in with a T shirt and unshaven face [ not a well trimmed beard] for an interview.He never even bothered to wish good morning to the members! We are modern, but can't afford to be too modern.
Secondly none of us know Mr.Y's version of the incident.These days there is a lot of disrespect also. As a general rule, for every incident there are always two people or groups which are responsible.
Dr Joseph Kuruvilla
CMC Vellore

From India, Kottayam
aan111

dear all the above,
please put yourself in the shoes of the new joinee and then decide.
what difference does 'not' bringing document does? are you going to employ the certificate? it is said that the first three months in any organisation is the honeymoon period - before the employee really starts contributing, Herehe is being spoken to roughly even before he has joined. Do you want him as a punching bag or as a dedicated contributor?
regards,

From India, New Delhi
kumaravel_123

Dear Friends,
I have joined new company in this company there is no pf deduction but i previously worked one company they deducted pf. now i am very much intrested pf deduction of my salary. what can i do? please suggest any idea
Regards
Kumaravel.G

From India, Namakkal
Swapnil.Joshi81
Good Afternoon,

I would like to begin by replying to a couple of opinions posted by. I would like to make it clear that I respect their opinions, but I have a few questions.

@ngurjar - You said you are the owner of an organization and given the situation, you would know the person who has been with you better than the "newbie". You also mentioned that this is an issue of "low" importance but you will probe into things and if required, you will take action.

Now, my question is, if you know the employee who has been with your organization better than the "newbie", you would naturally be aware of the many "VERBAL" complaints that were raised against him. Then why didn’t you take any "action" against him? Does this mean only because you like him, you will ignore every dirty mistake he commits? According to me this is an issue of "HIGH" importance because when an employee wears the I.D Badge of the company, he/she automatically becomes the brand ambassador of that company. If the same employee throws ego at everybody, that shows the company in bad light. That is my opinion and it is upto you as to how you run your own company.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]@Santosh Khamitkar - Just to remind you, even Iam an HR and I know the duties and responsibilities of being an HR. They are much more than just Hire and Fire. Any [B][I]SENSIBLE HR WOULD NOT FIRE AN EMPLOYEE ON THE DAY OF HIS/HER JOINING IN ANY ORGANIZATION. BY THE WAY, WHEN DID I SAY THAT THE EMPLOYEE WAS FIRED? Answering your question as to how the employee could get the email addresses of some people in the organization on the FIRST DAY, I dont think it is such a huge issue for a SMART INDIVIDUAL. Iam sure the majority of people will agree with me.

One thing I would like to say.....what is the new joinee getting by sending mails like the one with which I started the forum? (S)he is hurt and hence that mail.

Good day,

Swapnil Joshi.

From India, Hyderabad
trurecruit

Hi Everybody,

Having read the new employees outburst against the HR Manager and various other views, I feel there has been a lack of maturity by both parties.

The new employee has made a mistake, yes but no great mistake by not bringing the documents on the first day. Very obviously he has gone through step by step selection, in which I am sure the HR Manager had a substantial role to play. In-fact it would be nigh impossible to select anyone without the HR Manager's concurrance! The documents would have been checked prior to his selection. So, I feel that while the young employee has erred and should be told about it, the HR Manager should have had greater matuirity and done the 'Ticking Off' tactfully and certainly not in public!

The fact of the matter is that you are responsible to maintain your own and your official dignity. Weigh your words and actions before you launch them in public domain and you will be respected and admired for it while getting the job done!

Here's to everyones success.

Cheers.

Colonel Gahlot

Proprietor, 'TRURECRUIT'

From India, Delhi
White Eagle

Hi All,
It is very interesting case study, there are many turns and twist and players are bravo ..osm.

Bravo New Joinee: Joined his new organisation on the next day of his hiring without proper document and when concern raised by HR (I am not considering mode here) then marked a polite complain mail to all the stakeholders.
Reason given by champ for not bringing doc is festival. Employee is giving interview during festival duration, clearing his all exit formalities within day from old organisation and ready to join during festival season but only not able to bring required document …..Strange ( Here I had assumed that employee is not fresher because his mail was well drafted and somewhere in mail its mentioned by Mr Swapnil that he was better than his 3 yr experienced colleague HR in all form)

Hiring HR Manager: Having experience of more than 3 yr made new joinee show much frustrated that he wrote mail to all the stakeholders on his first day. According to mail Hiring HR manager is having ego issue and no one from top management is bothered or care…..and at the end issue is highlighted by HR colleague on internet.

Whistle blower HR Colleague: Working with Hiring HR manager for around 2 yr and suddenly during April (Appraisal time) his ethics and values arose and he highlighted issue to top management via posting issue transparently on internet.

Friends can anybody will ask ……whats going in this organisation… do we have something call top management in organisation.

According to me in this case study there is following issues or mistakes made by players.
1. New joinee – Joining the organization without bringing document on his first day.
2. Hiring HR Manager – Shouting on New joning for not bringing document.
3. HR Colleague – Highlighting this issue to top management via internet.

In above point 2 and 3 mistake is not what they did but mistake is how they did? It’s not purpose only process is also important. Diwali per deya jalaya jata hai ghar nahi.

It will be test of top management how they deal with this issue. Friends if you were top management then what discussion you will take.

From India, Hyderabad
White Eagle

Hi Siman,
Diwali per deya jalaya jata hai ghar nahi - It is a hindi quote which means...In diwali for celebration and future wealth and prosperity we light lamp but we do not light(burn) our home.
If we read between the lines it means we should do reasonable things to achieve our goals not foolish things.
In english there is similar quote: If you have to measure the depth of the river then never test the depth of the river with both feet.
(My translation is not so good so there might be error so frnds pls correct me if I am wrong)

From India, Hyderabad
skhadir

my decision wil help new joinee to understand importance and the process involved for becoming a true professional
will educate HR MANAGER, how to deal with employees without loosing self control
How to make employees feel(saanp bhi marjaya aur laati bhi na tootae) their mistakes without hurting them.
Wil make HR MANAGER learn how to teach a polite lesson(remembered for ever) to employees while wearing a smile(gala kaatna hai to haste haste aur pyaaar mohatbat se kaato) on a face.

From India, Chennai
White Eagle

Hi Abdul,
Liked your soln.
Hi All,
I hope we had not diverted the topic but we had taken it to next level where we can find out the various soln for the issue. If we had missed some point then pls feel free to add.

From India, Hyderabad
deadsoul2011

Yeah today whistle blowers are doing a good job but all people on this site shouted at swapnil for posting name of HR manager, name of company, etc. What about wikileaks, and the various scandals which are being brought into light by whistle blowers, crores of scam, havala cases, media and we give so much attention to it. but in normal life no one cares.

So guess swapnil will need to open a website like wikileaks where he can post about the cruel and egoistic HR Manager, and then one day the HR Manager will come out of his house in morning :

The milkman : SO you are the HR manager who spoke rudely with the new joinee (slap slap) shame on you ...

The watchman : SO you are the HR manager who spoke rudely with the new joinee (slap slap) get out of here,,, ...

The security guard in office : Shame on you , (slap slap)

All staff (incl beautiful gals) giggling at HR manager (shame on you ) Shame on you)

ultimately HR manager will be admitted to hospital n become mad..

So whistle blowers come on together we can and we will make a difference we will not keep quiet the time has come now , swapnil has done a really good job by exposing the wrongdoings and as HR it is our duty to punish the HR manager, let us all go and (slap slap) the HR manager for his wrongdoings...

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.