Swapnil.Joshi81
Morning,

Mr.Simhan - your mail was one of the reason for the detailed post. The second is, I could go through all the opinions and understand them only when I had free time, that is after I came home from work and then leave my comment.

deadsoul2011 - I dont want to hide myself because I have not done anything wrong. Sometimes, situation demands that we NAME a PERSON, GROUP OF PERSONS OR EVEN AN ORGANIZATION. In this case, I was forced to mention my organization's name because despite many efforts as a colleague and friend, my attempts to change my colleagues behaviour failed because our reporting manager supported him. I spoke to people who were higher in designation but without any result. Hence I took this bold step and Iam ready for anything that happens as soon as I reach work at 10:15 A.M.

Satya Penubothu - Just to correct you, Swapnil is "Mr.", not "Miss", in simple English, Iam "He", not "She". I request you to refer to me with me correct gender henceforth.

Good Day,

Swapnil Joshi.

From India, Hyderabad
tajsateesh

Hello Swapnil Joshi,

I wish you ALL THE BEST for today @ office--no pun intended.

There's a reason why I am saying so, but more of that later. Suffice it to say that I interacted earlier with the gentleman & the Organisation you mentioned.

I know what you are up against. You have done what you thought is the best way to handle the situation. Now leave it to HIM.

Frankly, I think this is more of a test for your management than you--since the topic/situation is known to all in your organisation. A lot of the future work-culture/ethos in your company will depend on what they decide now. Whether they prefer to have a temporary truce/solution or a tough decision that gives long-term benefits is upto them, which is again decided by WHAT their focus is--in fact this is a type of choice everyone gets & needs to make by every individual or organisation on a regular basis.

Like Simhan said it:there's a price. I recollect a cowboy movie dialogue: there's nothing called 'free lunch' in life. There's a price to be paid for everything & anything. Even if the choice is, like what you mentioned 'LICK MY SHOES AND YOU WILL GROW'--it will be @ the cost of one's Self-respect & ethics. If that's OK with someone, that's his/her choice. So it all boils down to what ONE WANTS & is he/she ready to pay the price to achieve it. That's all. We can take examples galore either from the past or present to get this clear.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
surajn
We should not give our view only by hearing employee’s issue, we should hear both of them then its possible to say who is correct and who is not..
From India
hrtechindia
Dear Talents,
Khadir is very right. The way the candidate written the mail by explaining the situation is very polite and very professional. Of course my vote will go on for the employee and also I can say that the HR Manager must be enlightened and shown the email written by the employee. So that there may be a chance for the HR Manager to realise his mistake and hopefully will not repeat the same.
Thanks you very much.
Regards,
Vikna Prakash.S

From India, Madras
ngurjar

Heres a different perspective.
I run my own company and if I get such a complaint from a newbie, I would probe into it. Since Y is working for me for years, I would tend to understand his position better than the newbie. Some changes may be required, but if I feel the outcome of the probe ascertains strict action, I would not hesitate.
To me the business impact of this incident is 'low' and if someone would try to make it an issue, well you can well gauge the reaction... :-)

From United States, Daphne
skhadir

Dear Mr. Swapnil Joshi

Kindly forgive me, if i had misjudged your gender.

At the outset, I had understood your mission and i want to congratulate you for trying to bring changes in your colleague. It was a tough job for you and you had played a major role. All credits goes to your courage.

It is for sure and it is a fact that, everyone has got its own patience limits. Trust me, its not an easy job but, one requires courage/guts to initiate the process to bring even "a little changes" that can do wonders....Positive changes in one single employee can benefit many(even organisation) in many ways.

The fundamentals of organisation are associated with human values and human behavior. An organisation is an entity and has NO LIFE/SOUL but, it is the EMPLOYEES(human beings) who run/manage organisations.

Well, you haven't lost anything but you had already paid a price by making others feel that, "CHANGE IN YOUR COLLEAGUE WAS MUCH NEEDED". I don't know whether you feel what i felt "it is ALMIGHTY who made you post about your colleague's attitude. Perhaps, ALMIGHTY had given sufficient time for your colleague to change himself but, he didn't."

Very few in this world loves to bring changes in others and there is a valid reason for doing the same.

Take my words for granted, you'll will grow in your professional career as you believe in A DISCIPLINED ATTITUDE and you are blessed with an ability to identify the hidden talent.

Last but not the least, once an employee gains employer/superior TRUST, becomes favorite(boss/superior), when his/her mistakes are highlighted by others, just because of the TRUST GAINED, his/her mistakes are ignored. THIS IS HAPPENING IN MANY ORGANIZATIONS

Good Luck for all your future endeavors and may ALMIGHTY bless you always.

with profound regards

From India, Chennai
suhaskhambe

Dear Swapnil,
yes if this is the case then your collegue is behavior is bad and he should change his attitude.
You raised the query on site HR is not a problem at all. you should do this to get opinions of others.
But if you mention the company name and your name in the post it may bounce back at you because top management may not like this issue to be discussed publicly since it is internal issue.
That is why many people have suggested you to remove the name of the company from the post.

From India, Mumbai
chaitanyam77
Dear All That candidate have to submit his documents other wise this is his mistake , Manager HR can advixe but why showted.
From India
santoshkhamitkar

According to me it is nothing but the blame game.

Our friend posted only one sided story. Why dont he think that it is HR's regular duty to hire & fire candidates.

If he only recruit that person & issue him offer letter then he would definately not used any faul language or argument.

Secondly your new joinee conveyance that he was excited to join that group then how can he forget to prepare himself for the same. Also is on very first day if he draft such a mail in a very new(according to him)/reputed company , then he will definately have argument in future with Director/CEO/Respected person etc.

He is not following any company policies/rules/regulations & blaming the HR person.

HR will definately not did this bcoz this results to again find new employee & follow the complete cycle.

Someone definately told your new joinee to play a blame game against HR.

So my gentle advise is to immediately fire such new joinee who makes nuisances & spoil the company name.

Regds

Santosh Khamitkar

From India, Pune
santoshkhamitkar

How can he knew the address in a new company on the very first day & before meeting to anybody. According to me HR Visit is the first visit in any company
From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.