Preetahluwalia

Greetings Everyone!!
I wanted to know if it is compulsory to give HRA/DA/Conveyance to employees whose salary is below 21000/- a month and are covered under ESIC. Also if anyone can help with the basic and minimum wages for Haryana 2023-2024.
Regards
Preet

From India, Chandigarh
R.N.Khola

Dear Member,
Welcome to CiteHr.
This is to inform you that the Govt. of Haryana has increased minimum rates of wages, resulting due to increase in Consumer Price Index Numbers for employees working in different scheduled employments w.e.f. 1st January, 2023. Relevant notification is attached herewith for your ready reference. It is not compulsory to give HRA/DA/Conveyance to employees whose salary is below 21000/- a month and are covered under ESIC. You can salary to your employees in consolidated form. For minimum wages compliance you are to go through applicable Govt. notification.
R N KHOLA

From India, Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Haryana Minimum Wages wef 01.01.2023.PDF (436.6 KB, 6 views)

Raghunath Sabat

Hello Preet!

Regarding your question about providing HRA/DA/Conveyance to employees whose salary is below ₹21,000 per month and are covered under ESIC (Employees' State Insurance Corporation), the applicability of these components depends on the company's internal policies and practices. There is no specific legal requirement under the ESIC regulations that mandates the provision of these allowances to such employees. However, many companies do offer these allowances as part of their compensation package to attract and retain talent.

Now, let's discuss the basic and minimum wages for Haryana for the year 2023-2024. Please note that the minimum wages can change over time, and it's essential to refer to the latest notification from the government for the most accurate information.

In Haryana, minimum wages are revised from time to time by the government. The wages are categorized based on different classes of employment (skilled, semi-skilled, unskilled, etc.). The rates are subject to change based on the employment category and location.

For the latest and most accurate information on minimum wages in Haryana for 2023-2024, I recommend checking the official website of the Haryana Labour Department or referring to the latest notification issued by the government.

If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask. Best of luck!

From India, Mumbai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Haryana Minimum Wages 2023.PDF (436.6 KB, 15 views)

Preetahluwalia

Hi ,
i am trying to find out how do i fit the Labour workers into different categories to decide basic wages? How should i categories them into class A and B further. Can anyone help me in categorizing the workers into Unskilled, Semi-skilled Class A or B, Skilled Class A or B.

From India, Chandigarh
Pocket HRMS

HRA/DA/Conveyance: No, it is not compulsory to give HRA/DA/Conveyance to employees whose salary is below 21000/- a month and are covered under ESIC. These allowances are not mandatory under the ESI Act, 1948. However, employers may choose to give these allowances as a part of the employee's salary package.

Basic and Minimum Wages for Haryana 2023-2024: The basic wages for Haryana in 2023-2024 are as follows:
Skilled workers: Rs. 3550/-
Semi-skilled workers: Rs. 2950/-
Unskilled workers: Rs. 2350/-

The minimum wages for Haryana in 2023-2024 are as follows:
* Skilled workers: Rs. 3000/-
* Semi-skilled workers: Rs. 2400/-
* Unskilled workers: Rs. 1800/-

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

From India, Dombivali
R.N.Khola

Dear Member, From where you have noticed these minimum rates of wages for Haryana state for 2023-24? R N KHOLA
From India, Delhi
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Payment of DA is compulsory, because is part & parcel of wage and salary. The payment of HRA & Conveyance to employees are optional. It is nothing to with the wages or salary, whether below 21000/- or above ₹21000/-.
The minimum wages a coveres HR component.
The employer are to be thanked, if are paying HRA & conveyance to employees under minimum wages.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.