Madhu.T.K

For me the core HR is industrial relations and sound knowledge of labour laws. A B School in Kerala which is ranked among the top 25 B Schools of India was facing a problem that their MBA (HR) were not getting placement from the campus. When they contacted me I suggested that these students should be given an add on program in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations. Accordingly,I prepared a training content with five modules and myself offered some around 20 sessions with tow evaluations. The program contained case laws, I had given some around 60 cases which will be sufficient for them to easily take up a profession in HR. The program was not just a class room reading of bare Acts but a study of what all are relevant for a fresher in HR to grow.
I would suggest, you should also go beyond what you have studied in your B Schools and know what is HR in practice. It will be entirely different from what you have studied in your college. You may not be able to apply any behaviour theories in a company especially in a manufacturing company which has trade unions.
I remember when an intern from a College was sitting in my cabin, a lady worker came to meet me. She had come to request for a salary advance. When asked about the reason for such an advance at that point of time, she narrated he pathetic story, a real life, she stared shedding tears when she shared that her daughter who was given education till her B.Com eloped with her boy friend who is a driver in the city and now she wanted to bring both of them home and solemnize a marriage at least with a very low manner etc etc. The intern was stunned and asked me do this kind of events regularly happen and I said that this is also a core of HR function. Listen to the employees with patience and try to find a solution for their personal worries. This will enable us to make them loyal and engaged in work. It is true that there will not be any documentary evidence for these performance and at the end of the day we will not be there in the list of Good HRs!!, but their blessings will always be with us.
The focus of HR, therefore, should not be on training, performance appraisal and working out strategies. Strategies can be drawn easily because these are available in ready made form. You can have employee engagement plans. But what really makes the employees engaged are two things, monetary benefits, a feeling that the employer will take care of their needs and feeling of security, a feeling that you will continue to get the same. It is not the weekend HR funs and games and giving termination letter on Monday morning.

From India, Kannur
Hareprabhu
what are the Roles & Responsibility for HR generalist
From India, undefined
CHAITRA KUMAR
Hi All....My name is Chaitra Kumar. I have 2 years if experience into recruitment and I own my own HR consultancy(LLP). According to my knowledge rather than working with an MNC directly without any knowledge, it is better to start your career with startups and consultancies and gain some experience and this is really helpful.
Consultancy will have targets and that will help one to reach their targets and show their capabilities.
I guess this will be easy to join any MNC with confidence as it is really important and it is easy to achieve targets with your respective clients.
Hope this is correct according to my knowledge and experience.

From India, Bengaluru
smonika722

Hello Everyone, Yes I am agree with Chaitra, when a person start working with any consultancy than he/she get awareness about targets and how to work in pressure.If they go for small firms or startups, than there theoretical knowledge giving them chance to work practically by this they learn how to manage different situations carefully and impact fully. I am suggesting here to focus on employee engagements, recruitment etc.
From India, Delhi
JudeGR

Maintaining statutory records is another most important activity.
From India, Chennai
Babu Alexander

Maintain the Statutory records, is one of the functions of HR no HR can do it alone. He only can help the concerned staff to maintain the records as per statute.
Apart from the regular HR functions, whatever my friends above mentioned, Human Resource Manager / Executive has a big roll to play, in an organization which is in my view is beyond boundaries:
The responsible HR man has a roll to play on day to day production targets, safe working conditions / safe working inside the shop floor.
Sometimes, what the Production Manager / Line supervisors cannot watch, inside the shop floor, HR mangers can identify continuous improvement areas by making observations on the individual / group behavior inside the shop floor, which the Production Manager / Line supervisors tend to skip on observing, due to production numbers and targets.
I had the chance to observe an operator, because of his is short in stature, ( 5feet and 3 inches, physical conditions) he could not operate particular, feed table as hand straight / horizontal position. He was operating the feed table by standing on a empty paint tin, to avoid his shoulder strain (Ergo dynamics) . The operator was one of the non performer’s list/ not able to achieve daily numbers to feed the next table for day target numbers. Standing on a paint tine, that too for 8 hours is hazardous. We cannot blame the Production personnel also, as they are tend to miss on this human Ergo dynamics line of observation, due to other pressure. Providing a working platform on the request of HR, the worker comes out of non performer list, and the Production People are also happy.
Similarly Oil and Chemicals spillage, in the storage area and the scrap yard, only HR can help them to find out a safe storage by keeping the Oil / chemical container on a secondary container, and educate them the need to, save the ground water pollution.
You may find some of the operations in some factories, the worker may be cleaning small components in so called “thinner” with hands. This is highly dangerous for the individual health, as the thinner easily gets into blood stream. The usage of so called thinner is prohibited in India.
The above functions may be the roll and responsibilities of Safety officer. However the HR Manager, in coordination on environmental and health and safety functions, if considered himself responsible for all human resources.
Lot more to add in this feilds.

From India, Madras
siba mishra

how to increase the knowledge about IR in different labour case , what is the procedure to attend the labaur case
From India, New Delhi
Babu Alexander

subscribe to Labour Law Journal / Labour Law Notes. Read it systemically and note the citation gist and reference in a note book for each Act separately. Or if you have an access in court library, you may spend every day some time for learning.
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.