No Tags Found!

akash_007
Hi All.
We are facing a unique problem of candidates not turning for interviews.
We are consultants mainly into IT Placements. And many weekend events happen for generic skills like SAP, Mainframe, Java.
We call up candidates thrice to confirm the interviews and the timings but eventually the no show ratio is at least 60%, where in all our efforts go in the drain. Could anyone please help me out with any specific steps or actions which need to be taken so that this no show ratio of the candidates can be reduced. And more closures can happen.
Waiting for your help............
Thanks
Akash..

From India, Mumbai
Sonit

Hi Akash,

The problem that you are facing is not very new in the HR field.

One reason can be that when you line up the interivews the candidate is not informed properly (in-detail)about the job opening and the company details,job responsibility,expectations etc.

The job openings that you have mentioned is all of the technical people and these people are fully aware that they are the in-thing as of now and that the HR guys will get back to them if they dont turn up for the interviews.

hence one suggestion, dont go for the follow up more than one call a day before the interview.

Try being more assertive while talking to them and not letting them know that the world would fall apart if they dont come for the interview.

(this is what i do when i line-up the interviews)

I will give you one example.

we use Monster.com for our job openings,candidates apply and when we call them for the interviews,they ask again for the job description....i just ask them if they have applied for the job without reading the JD?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sonit Singh

From India, Hyderabad
Bhagya

Hi Akash,
I also agree to your point that candidates not turning up for interviews.
The best way is jus a matter of how we communicate to the candidates. We should have rapport with the candidates when we talk to them at the very first time.
Techie guys will be getting lots of interview calls from many consultants as well as companies. We should differeniate ourself out of those several calls. We can communicate in such a way that its jus going to be a general discussion, followed by technical screening and this will not take much of his time. We can explain him about the interview levels what we have.
The last thing, as Sonit said, we need to confirm the interview timings with the candidate.
Regards
Bhagya.

From India, Bangalore
Bhagya

Hi Akash,
I also agree to your point that candidates not turning for interviews.
The best way is jus a matter of how we communicate to the candidates. We should have rapport with the candidates when we talk to them at the very first time.
Techie guys will be getting lots of interview calls from many consultants as well as companies. We should differeniate ourself out of those several calls. We can communicate in such a way that its jus going to be a general discussion, followed by technical screening and this will not take much of his time. We can explain him about the interview levels what we have.
The last thing, as Sonit said, we need to confirm the interview timings with the candidate. Over communication is better than without any proper communication.
Even my opinion would be wrong with others perception.
Welcoming others suggestions.
Regards
Bhagya.

From India, Bangalore
ma
Dear ones,
What I felt wud be a soln is to ask them to respond in case of inconvenience n inform them tat candidates failing to do so will not be considered for the next, say, few moths....(dunno if its harsh......)!!!!!!!
Brgds,
Mithra

From United States, Santa Clara
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.