No Tags Found!

gurnoor-bagga
Dear Seniors, I am working in Auto component manufacturing industry. Our management has decided to appoint interns in different department and asked me to draft appointment letter for Interns. please share any draft or suggestion how I can do it also guide me is any statutory liabilities occur (like PF & ESIC) for the same?
From India, Indore
Madhu.T.K

What do you mean by interns? Are they students who have to do internship as part of their curriculum? Or are they trainees? Or Apprentices?

Interns are those who are undergoing some curse of study who have to do internship for a specified period as per the curriculum. After completion of the internship, they will go back to their colleges to complete their course. If this is the arrangement, you pay stipend without deducting and contributing to any PF or ESI.

If you appoint trainees or any person as trainee you should pay all statutory contributions as are applicable to regular employees.

You can appoint apprentices following the provisions of Apprentice Act. Such apprentices are appointed through Related Instruction Centre. If you go for optional trades, you can engage apprentices by registering in the portal of apprentices. Please go through the guidelines of national apprentice programs. You need not pay any PF or ESI. The number of such apprentices will depend upon the regular employees. There are some conditions of appointing apprentices, like you cannot engage them during night, you cannot ask them to do overtime etc. That means you cannot run your establishment with trainees only!

From India, Kannur
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

You can appoint interns through colleges for specific period and they should report with letter issued by the college. No PF/ESI required for them. Appointment letter not applicable for interns. Only internship letter is enough and after completion of internship, internship completion letter can be issued. There is no pre defined template for internship letter. You can issue by your own

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.