Joe0506

Dear all,
I'm glad and happy to see everyone's reactions.
They are all mixed (like sweet and saur)... :) and I really appreciate everyone's honest opinion about the case.
I need to discuss this issue with the management and then will surely inform all of you the final decision.
Thanks a ton for your valuable inputs.

From Korea
Jai1736

Dear Joe
How come an organisation will get a bad name if an employee gets pregnant without marriage ? Will the converse be true and applied to in the case of male employees also ? You need to tell you higher management that they are no one to direct and control employees very personal affairs unless there is some gross misconduct which can be called " moral turpitude " and has a direct nexus with the employment.
Also see your service rules / standing orders to check whether pregnancy sans marriage is a misconduct ?
Please note that the Maternity Benefit Act 1961 does'nt lay down any precondition of marriage. Also please see Sections 12(1) B and 21 of the Act. Your Management will face music you it terminates someone on the ground mentioned by you.
Regards
Mohan.

From India
rahult32

:-Phello there what i feel is would it be a problem if she is married or no leave is a leave so give it of accrding to me
From India, Warangal
manmeetk21
dear Joe,
good post..it will help many people to stop discrimination against their employees. as per law maternity leave can be availed by any female employee who has worked continously for 80 days in the previous 12 months immediately preceeding her delivery date. any women employee can file a suit against their employer in case she is not granted such a benefit.
thanks
manmeet

From United States
kumaranurag1982

All those who fear the world can never change it. Stick to your rules and believes. Althose who take an excuse of the society are weak. Don't be a blind follower. If they have been doing it wrong then we can change it only if we take the ownus of doing it right.
Society has been full of hypocraites every where. They will definately try to make life misreable. Then why be a part of the society who doesn't understand you.
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. So please change. Start talking in terms of rights and wrongs. No one in this world is flawless.
I will like to quote Einstein here "Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods"
So please instead of peeping and commenting on her personal life be professional and stick to law. And law no where states that unmarried motherhood is a crime. So take it as it is no matter what.
Regards
Anurag Kumar

From United States
praba

Hi Joe,
Thanks for sharing your experience....
This is a rare incidence & unless & untill we come across issues like this we would'nt think of such senarios.
& the kind of response u've got is amazing...I'd request everyone to share such different experiences...
-Prabaharan

From India
Gogo

Mental growth is a later phase. What people need to do now is learn to accept the change that our society is undergoing which once done will lead to mental growth.
We all need to know the limits we cannot tresspass.
In an organisation we are judged by our performance & abilities not our personal lives.So why go down that lane at all?
Legal battle between the organisation & employee be set aside, this is a case of an organisation's emotional quotient at test.
It's time your organisation keeps within its boundaries (read minds its own business) & does as per the HR laws laid down.
Regards
Gogo

From India, Pune
sadhanaphopse

Hi Joe, respect her feelings and let the management help her in the best possible way, as she is the best performer, just look at her work and not her personal life. thanks sadhana
From India, Delhi
avi.sengupta
hi guys,
i read your conversations but as a matter of fact a company has every right to terminate this lady in the ground of immoral behaviour.Companies now a days go for CSR to make their presence felt in the moral ground and if by any rule they find this kind of behaviour affecting negatively for the company they have every right to terminate her. They are here to do business and not to run NGOs and they cant ruin their goodwill by allowing such things which is not accetable socially in India.

shaival.tiwari

Hi Joe,
I hope now your have a clear view of thinking, what should be done this situations....!
I would like to add 2 words to this is I I believe is HR- Human Relation if we can maintain this with our employees than our company will never face a problem toretain employee..................!
This is my view and I am practicing it and doing great and facing less problem.....!
What you guys say...!

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.