tajsateesh

Hello Vakil,

I guess you have the reply you needed.

I concur with the other like-minded Forum participants--that there's no point in ruining the career of someone whose track-record has been very good all thru.

Everyone makes mistakes--one needs to appreciate those who realise it [which he did], followed by correcting it [which too he did]. The next step is NOT for you or us to judge--that of learning form the mistake. That's his problem--if he learns from this mistake, it's HIM who will benefit.

As far as your Company is concerned, like Vetrivel said, let him go with a + opinion of the Company; but make it very clear to him that: though what he did wasn't right [which you say, he admitted], he is still being relieved in the regular way FOR 3 REASONS, rather than disciplinary action being taken against him: his past track record has been good AND he admitted his mistake AND the info he forwarded wasn't critical from the Company's perspective [I wouldn't differentiate project & non-project since even some non-project info too could be critical].

The reason why I am suggesting this action-plan is this Vakil: Human tendency is to use such situations as precedences; so I am sure you wouldn't like any repeating of such scenarios in the Company. You can be sure the message will pass down the line THRU him--if you want to be treated well, you should deserve it.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
maj.amit.jain
Dear All,
We could not agree more with with Mr Raj Kumar Hansdah.
The department of HR Managers cannot be working like robots i.e while analysing a situation we should not be trying to find out only black or white .
Unless we understand that there is always a grey and to err is human, we can never be People's mangers in the true sense.
In the end I would thank nnvakil for taking our opinion on this topic.
Warm regards to All
Amit

From India, New Delhi
suyoglabourconsultants

Dear N.N.Vakil
All my HR friends are looking this matter seriously and they all are compel to thinks so, as in absence of any evidence against the employee having good service record in the past u cannot take further steps and if it is admitted by the employee charge sheet shall be issued but improper when he voluntarily leaving the services. so. i am of the opinion that the relieving letter alongwith experience certificate shall be given in good faith to secure the reputation of ur organisation.
Kiran Kale, Labour Law Consultant.Kolhapur.

From India, Kolhapur
smbhappy

I am glad to learn that the age old humane touch is still in the minds. Always say a good bye, so that you both are able to face each other in future, smiling and not with a evil grin.
From India, Chandigarh
Cite Contribution

Greetings,

Once an employee resigns, the employment comes to an end. The release of the employee remains an employer's prerogative to ensure Knowledge Transfer. Hence terminating an employee after he resigns is not possible. You may at the most release him early.

Incase there is a serious defect caused by the employee and is proved , you may issue a disciplinary note to the employee and maintain a copy in the employee file as a record to the employee's behaviour.

In this situation, when its evident it was a human slip , I guess issuing a note is enough. It would only send a strong message to your existing employee base. If you take a re-look at the situation, loosing an employee to the talent market is the biggest information/ knowledge drain. The documents might amount very little in comparison to that!

At the end of the day, its your call, whether you wish to send a strong message to your existing employees or maintain employee relationship to a talent, who can be your future re-hire .

Regards,

(Cite Contribution)

From India, Mumbai
Putri Aleeya
Hi
As a HR we have to have a "Transformation Mindset' . Our mind is flexible enough to be transformed to suit to any rising situations. Therefore we are able to analyze whether the person in question is proven guilty. It is clearly seen that the mails forwarded was not linked to its project-based. He is absolutely clean.
Putri Aleeya
UEM Group
KL Malaysia

From Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
vkokamthankar

• Please ask for detailed written report from your IT Security Department. That report should mention in detail, what is number of emails sent, what were the contents and attachments, was any sensitive data/information sent out.
  • Above mentioned authentic information can only be given by IT Security Dept. force them to do their job
  • Degree of action against employee will depend upon the degree of seriousness of breach of security
  • To decide the degree of seriousness of Breach of IT Security and also to decide the corresponding action to be taken against any employee, you need to formaly involve other department heads, project Heads etc. I feel HR Dept. may not have required expertise to decide on such issues.

From India, Pune
nnvakil
Hello All,
Thanks for your comments ...... I appreciate you all for guiding me through this ... But unfortunately, I was not able to help this poor chap. Our company has decided to terminate him on the last without providing him any experience letter and relieving letter.
I hope, other company's HR will understand this situation and give him a chance to continue his service in the new company.
Thanks ...

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.