Mammu007

Dear Sriram,

Make sure:

a. What is written in the contract exactly? (Normally it would be 3 months notice period OR 3 months salary)

b. The next offer; worth it or not.

c. The next employer knows that you are leaving your present employer within 3 months and they dont care about it. (Or didnt you show your present employment details in your CV which is selected by the next employer?).

Anyway, leave your present employer with all due respect. Talk to the concerned in a very diplomatic manner and solve it.

You should pay the notice period.

If we see the things from the present employer view; You are leaving them after receiving all necessary training that also within ONLY 3 months. If you were in GCC, you would have been banned for minimum one year to the country!

Discuss the matter with your new employer. Act as you are following their advice. If things get complicated from your previous employer, there will be someone beside you with support.

"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely!" I didn't say, Karen K Clark said.

"No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow. Success depends upon using it wisely-by planning and setting priorities." Denis Waitley added.

Best wishes in your career future.

M Sadique

8-)

From Djibouti
deepak5462
the best thing u can do is, just get the resignation acceptance from them stating your DOJ and DOL, and there are terms if u are a confirmed employee only then u need to serve sucha long perioed notice period , if you are not u just dont bother, nothing can go wrong from ur side.
From India, Mumbai
gupta_sriram
@M Sadique:
Actually they are written that 3 months pay and 1 month notice . But they are not following the offer letter. And in the same company one of my friend resigned and then, the HR people gave the resignation acceptance letter with less salary then the current and the decreased the level in the organization. So, i am getting afraid of they will do the same for me. If that happens i need to loose the new offer because i informed the new offer people that i am getting so and so.
I tried to manage the new company people by telling total this story. But they are not telling like, if i come with a proper resignation accept letter then only they will allow to join.

From India, Khopoli
sunilcms

HI You can pay the pay 2 month notice pay salary to your current employer and work actually one month it will serve the purspose of three month notice, and co-operate with your employer for transition process, then they have to relive you.
Thanks
Sunil

From India, Pune
swetasawant

Dear,
If clause in your appointment letter states that you have to stay back for 3 months for completion of notice period than their is no other option to serve the organisation for 3 months.
But if I am not wrong you have joined the present organisation only 3 months back and you should be on probation of 6 months / as per company rules. In probation period their is no notice period , kinly check.
If their is any cluase than you are left with only 2 options
1) Either absconding without relieving letter
2) Talk with your manager in very polite manner to kindly consider your application for releiving.
Still you have any doubts than you can call me (after 6 pm ) on 9909001742
Regards
Abhijeet Sawant

From India, Ahmadabad
An4672
Hi,
I read the terms and conditions of your current employer and it seems they can definitely ask you to repay the amount back to the company and serve 3 months notice period .
I understand that you are in a trap now and all you can do consult a Good Corporate lawyer and also check the amount you spend for the lawyer or 3 months salary back to the company. You can take it as a lesson, so that next time you read the Employment terms and then sign the acknowledgement.:no:

From India, Bangalore
rgovindarajan
Hi,
You type of people deserves this kind of treatement. You yourself accept that they have given three months training. Now a days it has become so common and indecent way of behaving, such as to get relieved immediately once the resignation letter is given. when you respect the rule that the offer will expire in one month, the same way you have to accept three months notice period also. Appointment order is like an agreement and you HAVE to abide by the same. You don't know how much company would have invested on you. You kind of people doesn't care about anything except your self interests. You have to respect management interests also.
(Pls do not assume that I am management person; I am also an employee of a company but thinks from the shoes of management also)
Regards,
R. Govindarajan

From India, Bangalore
Uma_avs
Best is absconding. This 3 months experience will not help you in your profile. Take medical leave and join there. Later on they themself will understand.
As an employer they are also right, they had wasted their time on you. Since, you are not comfortable with them, then no use of their terms and norms.

From India, Calcutta
prin_c
all the best dude...u going thru tough tym...
tho i dont have any suggestions but will agree wid d 1 given: talk to ur new employer about the same...dey r d best people to help u decide how to move ahead.....
tc...
Princy

From India, Thana
pratik.raghav
To be very frank if an employee has spent some money on you to provide training then you must repay it. However there is no such thing as forced employment. Bonded labour is against Indian rules and regulations. Training means proper training where you learnt something new. It generally happens in I.T. If there is nothing of this sort then its a bluff. Get into a good company managed by IIM people you wont have this kind of problems.
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.