No Tags Found!

Akshita Sharma
Dear All,
We are planning to organize a company wide event of around 500 employees. Request you all to please share all your valuable ideas that can be incorporated to make this event a success.
Would really appreciate if you can suggest about what should be the theme for such an award night, what programmes should be a part of this event, etc.
Looking forward to your suggestions.
Thanks.
Regards,
Akshita

From India, Panipat
kraos_1954@yahoo.co.in

Dear Akshita,
The message is not clear, if it is an awards night. The managing director, Directors and one or two more heads address the gathering and share their expectations and achievements of the company. Followed by awards distribution, sharing the experience of the awardees and followed by dinner.
If you want to make more memorable, invite the family members also to the event, 10days in advance organize some sports meet and distribute the prizes to the winners and runners, if you are OK for inviting spouses then organize one or two games to spouses and children. If you have time then organize the talent show on music, dance, mimicry etc and reward the best.
Basing on the financial position of the company you can give small momentos to all employees.
One important thing is that if you are inviting the family members then you have to organize the transport for pick up and dropping,security & safety and first aid arrangements.
To organize all these things involvement from all the corners is a must hence identify activities, form teams, entrust responsibilities and then organize. The teams could be entertainment, food, safety / security, transport, logistics,help-desk, sports etc and one Executive committee which supervises the entire activity.
I believe this is OK for you and if you have any thing pl. feel free to write.
With best regards - kameswarao

From India, Hyderabad
vicksdip
Hey me an HR in a event company..can completely help you in doing the entire event from the conceptulization to implementation. Call me 9833691839. Vikram
From India, Pune
Akshita Sharma
Thanks kameswarao.
We had organized some short skits and dance performance in the last award night.
Any other idea of any programme that can be used. I would like to brain storm on lot of ideas.
Regards,
Akshita

From India, Panipat
Ash Mathew

Hey Akshita...
We had a theme - "Comedy" for our famil day in my previous company.
We had events for Songs, dance, skit, fashion show and many other - but all of us had to prepare only based on the theme "Comedy"
We also had a seperate award session - certificate distribute for excellent performance - by our CEO and MD.
We also had award sessions for the programme - like bst performance in dance - n liek that.
We wrapped it with dinner.

From India, Madras
orchids

:icon1:Greetingssss....ahhh..nice to be back here after a week..

Ok..now back to your post..so u are a firm of 500..hmmm an Annual Awards Night..sure it must be a grand memorable event..this is what comes to my mind..
  • Since its 500(since its 500 cum awards nite i feel to manage the 500 crowd will be more than enough..but thats again upto ur management)..i'm sure u would have decided a big spacious venue.Send out attractive emails to ur company's group id's well in advance announcing about the event.arrange transportation facitlities(common point drop/pick up),catering.(in the venue after the event)..then u can give out party stuff's like balloons,whistles,some playful/childish stuff at the entrance of venue(put them in an small attractive paper bag with a compliment also)
  • then other than officially arranging events (hiring ppl for dance performance etc) u can also give ur own employees a chance for a group dance/solo performance..that would be ur job to narrow down the best..have co-ordinators.representatives.U can also have a fashion show organised involving ur own employees dressed up walking the ramp(trust me ..this will be awesome ..try out if ur ppl r interested).since its an award cum annual nite u will have all the ritual speeches as usual..so need not prolong shows cos u got dinner for 500 too-open buffet
  • now coming to theme/awards..have an unformal theme for the nite like "break-out from BAU(business as usual)",”celebrating away from office” etc..etc.. for the awards there can be numerable numbers depending on service,cost saving,excellence,living upto ur company’s values,innovative employees,regular one’s,champ awards etc..these awards can be announced using projectors/screens like film awards functions etc. n then handover the awards.
  • And during buffet simultaneously u can have a soft dance floor with music being played for employees where they can join in for a dance(non-alcoholic pls):-D
note: pls check the funds allocated for the event..and go plan accordingly

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.