No Tags Found!

subbukavali
can any one explain me in brief what is 360 degree appraisal and what steps are generally involved in 360 degree appraisal.please be specific in your answer
From India, Madras
swetasawant

Dear Anita,
360 degree appraisal means that employee performance appraisal is done from Boss , subordinates , peers , colleagues .
This is very good form of apprisining an employee but their are many negative and positive points involved.
You have to care of that
Regards
Abhijeet Sawant

From India, Ahmadabad
Neer300182

[QUOTE=s.anitha;927748]Dear Sir,

I need some input on 360 degree Appraisal, I have been doing 90degree appraisal in my previous org. recently I have changed my job and this is a new company, and my director wants to introduce 360 degree appraisal.

Our is a IT Company, Please guide me how to go about it;

Do I need to prepare different set of questioner for different people?
What is the area’s for performance measurement?
How will we decided on who will give the feedback on the individual?

Dear Anitha,

Greetings for the day :)!!!

360 degree appraisal is a new concept, it includes 2 way response one from senior and one from junior.
Both have to give thier feedback about concerned person and then on the basis of their feedback we measure performance of a person.

1. You need to prepare two quentionnare ( 1 for senior & other 1 for junior)
2. Target achievement,Behaviour, Potential, Skills & Knowlegde and contribution to Organisation's growth are to be keep in mind for appraisal
3. Two persons will decide about a individual senior & junior of that individual.

From India, New Delhi
Urvashi88
Hello, can someone conversant in Research Methodolgy suggest me on the following:
what is the sample size to take if the total no. of employees is 600
a questionnaire to know the perceptions of people should be qualitative, quantitative or both?

From Mauritius, Rose Hill
pratik.kubavat

Hey
Let me first tell you one thing
You are working in IT company
so it is my suggetion to conduct 360 degree performance appraisal system
it is much more effective but we can see much more biases in that appraisal system also.
Actually IT has one that advantage of having youngsters more.
If you get bias free reply from everybody than it is worth....
but the main problem of applying such a system in practise is that some employees get chance of leg pooling in against of that person.....
But i suggest you to conduct KRA ( key result area ) based performance appraisal system....
you may also try 360 degree appraisal system but you must aware of getting some worst results also.....
so consider above guidelines........
Actually i am not any master or a kind of proffesional
i am MBA student doing my specialization in HR
If you want to get more information
you can mail me at
Thanx.....

From India, Ahmadabad
moderngirl

Hi

Tks for these methods
1. Comparative Standards or multi-person comparison- this relative
method of performance is one in which one employees’ performance is compared to the performances of the other employees.
2. Group Rank Ordering – in this kind of performance appraisal, the
supervisor places employees into a particular classification such as ‘top
one fifth’ and ‘second one fifth’. If a supervisor has ten employees only
two could be in the top fifth and two must be assigned to the bottom fifth.
3. Individual ranking- in this, the supervisor lists the employees from
highest to lowest. The difference between the top two employees is assumed equivalent to the difference between the bottom two employees.
Other method is: <link outdated-removed> ( Search On Cite | Search On Google )

Tks in adv

From Vietnam,
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear Urvashi

It is a complex calculation involving Confidence Level and Confidence Intervals, as well as the test statistics such as Z, T, F, Chi-Square statistics or ANOVA, the distribution of the population, and in case of any previous study, if you are aware about the s.d. and mean of the population.
The derivation is too complex to be quoted here.

Suffice to say that in a population of 600, at 95% Confidence Level and at Confidence Interval of more than 75 (+- 5) %, the sample size (for systematic random sampling) needs to be at least 83;
for 99% Confidence level, sample size needs to be at least 130.

You can perform a systematic random sampling by assigning a unique sequential number to each employee and then using either a Random Table, or a computer generated random numbers for 83 or 130 employees (depending on the Confidence Level required).

Please take care that in case that particular employee is unavailable, no substitute should be taken; rather the next number should again be drawn randomly.

Hope this will be of help to you in arriving at the required sample size; else you can brush up your MBA Statistics notes.

Regards.

From India, Delhi
johnthep2009
Hi
I read some opinion in this topic.
I agree with some but I recommend that we can find out some articles at citehr.com by searching.
Or we can visit link: 360 degree performance appraisal
Rgs

From Vietnam, Hanoi
ranjit_das

All
have you tried googling this topic? Lots of information available if you just look.
I attach a link to a website with at least half a dozen different sample 360 surveys - this should give you all an idea of how to set up a 360 survey.
360 Degree Feedback Survey and Software. Collecting feedback over the Internet. Attitude, Opinion, Behavior, Needs, Data.

From India, Kochi
deeshachandan

Dear Brijesh,
Thanks for sharing the proforma. Heowever, even i feel that the form contains areas only for Appraiser and Appraisee. There is no scope for reviewer. plus in a 360 Degree Appraisal we vene have the suboridnates, peers, external customers and all... So where do we capture them in this form...
Also we know that 360 degree appraisal format takes a lot of time. It would be great if you could throw some light on as to how much time one employees' 360 degree appraisal completion would take?
Thanks again...

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.