No Tags Found!

adil mehdi

According to Indian Labour Laws working hours are 8 hrs. 6 days are week. Maximum working hours are 48 hrs in a week and that applies very aptly on Blue collars workers.
But in case of white collars workers in private sector it is minimum 12 hours a day in India, streches upto 15 hours with a clear thought in mind 'Perform or Perish'.
You may earn fat pay packets but no peace of mind either it is Vice President or Executive Assistant or Accountant.
90% of our workforce is engaged in private sector, if this situation continues then there will be many burnouts. I am writing this as I was told by HR Manager of Grasim Industries Ltd (Cement) , while appearing for Interview for the Post of Office Secretary that there is no question of staying upto which time, you have to stay back with your boss. If the boss leaves at 6:00 p.m, you may leave but if he stays till 11:00 p.m, you have to stay.

From India, Delhi
praveenkbm
I think, My question is similar to Kavitha. I am working in IT industry, our regular working our says " Min 10 hours per day (including all breaks) for 5 days in week". As per this we dont cross labour law restrictions assuming 9 hours of working per day its 45 hours per week"
In practical, as min is 10 hours everyone will forced to stay till 10:30 hours , sometimes it goes up to 15 hours. In document it shows only 45 hours per week , but in actual due to the request/pressure from the management everyone will be crossing 50 hours of working per week( no OT payment ).
In this situation, is this organization is running breaking the law or is it still as per law ?
Thanks
Praveen

From India, Bangalore
R.N.Khola

Dear Praveen,

When the actual working hours are more than the statutory prescribed limit then who will say that it is as per law but at the same time Govt. have also fixed minimum wages for these eight hours of working. At times Govt. is not in a position to provide work force to work on minimum wages as fixed by them then the employer is also paying more than the minimum wages. He is also paying at the market rate due to non availability of work force at minimum wages.
If you do not afraid of your services then you can approach the law enforcing agency for taking necessary action against the management. You can also file a claim case before the competent authority.
With Regards,
R.N.Khola

From India, Delhi
roopchand
Can the companies/employer term the overtime as mandatory ? As far as my knowledge goes, it should be on a mutually agreeable basis between the employee and the employer...Can anyone clarify on this point? I have witnessed this situation who try to exploit the employees by making them work OT everyday against their will and physical ability, threatening with consequences of losing their job. You will be shocked to know it is an MNC !
From India, Hyderabad
aksiitian
Hello guys!!
I wonder that we are at such a stage when the whole world is looking at us as a most fruitful economy, but still peolpe do not understand their responsibilty towards the development of the country.
My sister is working in Vodafone Store and she is made to work approx 10 hours per day with almost 5 min break. Furthermore, she is not entitled to even take holiday on Sunday.
Can somebody plz explain me in detail, how can i proceed against this unjustice and under what laws of Indian constitution. Please provide such information that will help me to give warning to the owner of that store. May be, he could rectify his faulty administration!!
Thank you very much!!
Arvind Kumar Sharma,
IIT Roorkee, India

From India, Jaipur
roopchand
What is the maximum working hours under Shops & Establishment Act, including break time , Overtime & regular working Hrs? Per day / per week? Does the act differ from state to state? Are there any other relaxation given to establishments of BPO industry? Thanks.. Roopchand
From India, Hyderabad
R.N.Khola

Dear Roopchand,
As this is a State Act & hence there are possibilities of variation. Therefore it will be better to go through your applicable State Act for your query.
With Regards,
R.N.Khola

From India, Delhi
p.s
In my company, we work for 9hrs, 6days a week which makes it 54hrs in a week. The morale of the employees is quite low here. Pl suggest some valid reasons to convince the management to make it 5 days a week timings.
Thanks,
p.s

From India, Hyderabad
praveenkbm
Dear P.S
I think your company legal even though its stressful work. I am assuming its 9 hours of presence in the office, that means, considering one hour break everyday its 8x6 = 48 hours. You are exactly working as per Indian labour law.
Coviniecing managemnat in this may be difficult, but considering the stress , health problems and attrition rates, you can propose better timings.
Thanks
Praveen

From India, Bangalore
Fleurette
If I am not mistaken the employees have to work 48hrs a week which come to
9hrs for 5 days or 8 hrs for 6 days (these are hours are inclusive of the break time)
What if the Mngt makes the empl work 54 hrs a week ,there should be some law to stop it ,empl are jst been exploited ,the attrition rate is sky rocketing , there should be some ruling body to stop it

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.