sapidg

Dear All,
We are a manufacturing unit based in Kolkata. We have issued some job work to some contractors. One of them is from outside Kolkata having a PF code of Maharashtra. Contract labors under that contractor are raising their objection in case of deduction of PF. According to them as the Contractor is having a code outside the state so they will not allow them to deduct the PF contributions and demanding Sub Code for Kolkata. We as PE have already tried to discuss this with Unions about such illegal demand and tried to convince them on the issue of non-availability of PF sub-codes (as per act it is not viable) but the contract labors are adamant on their demands as they have got strong support of local unions.
Can anyone suggest me on the same and guide me a feasible solution?
Rgds..
DG

From India, Calcutta
JAWEDALAM

Dear DG.
Since the demand is illegal but for a better IR situation we need to arrive at a solution. So its my suggestion to you is that ask your contractor (Maharastra Code) to sub-contract the job (only labour part) to a local contractor who is having a Kolkata Code and ask them to deduct the PF contribution of all the workers in the code of sub-contractor. The only concerned in this solution is the Overhead/profit % to the sub-contractor.
Regards,
Jawed Alam

From India, Dhanbad
kabsl

They can use an outsourcing company like manpasand manpower to avoid getting the local pf sub code and additional costs associated. All the employees will have to be transferred to manpasand manpower's payrolls though.
From United States, Los Angeles
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.