No Tags Found!

K.Nagaraj

In our company we have introduced the following methods to avoid the late commers ........ it's really works..
1. We have introduced Biometric system of attn., punching
2. In which 5 min set us past as actual time
3. First 5 min for everyday consider as grace time for every employees
5. Beyond that to be allowed 10 min., 2 times in a month
6. After that 1/2 day will be cut after punching the grace time of 5 min.

From India, Madras
JSHARMA

hi sushma
i have already used this measure to control late comings in office. We adopted a system in which late comers will signs the att. reg. wid red pen if they come 15 min. late from time.And four red signatures wid red in one month marked as 1 LWP. But it doesn't work up to the mark. I also want to do something else. But do not find the measure yet to control absentism and late comings. If anybody have some working measure pls let us know.

From India, Jaipur
SUSHMA RAWAT

Hi Mr. Sharma You can adopt the techniquesas as suggested by the other members. The suggestions are really good. Thanx Sushma
From China, Beijing
naseer
Dear cgnanig
Try eliminating barriers, causing late comings
If no such barrier, then concentrate on counceling
A policemen's job is not the HR perspective.
Shweta is almost right except - NOT AVAILING LEAVE ( The practice of not availing leave, should NOT be encouraged ).
Modern HR practices does not advocate this.

From Saudi Arabia, Al Khobar
naseer
Dear cgnanig
Try eliminating barriers, causing late comings
If no such barrier, then concentrate on counceling
A policemen's job is not the HR perspective.
Shweta is almost right except - NOT AVAILING LEAVE ( The practice of not availing leave, should NOT be encouraged ).
Modern HR practices does not advocate this.
NASEER

From Saudi Arabia, Al Khobar
gangadhar.hr
Dear all,
As swetha said, ya even we do have faced this late coming problem. I have solved this problem by tracing out weekly attendance report of my employees. Interacted with their HOD's and informed through them about the same. We had informedthis late coming will reflect on their performance appraisals. As we have transportation facility to our employees, normally we face less problem on this. Generally we have to rationalise case by case.
If a person regularly comes irregularly, then we need to initiate action against them by issuing warning letter. If it is occational, try to observe the candidate and interact with him to findout the reasons. This will create an atmosphere that HR really taking care of and observing their movements. This will really helpful to control our late coming problem.
and as u said cash price or award to the best punchtual employees will really motivate the other employees to come in that way.
Y.Gangadhar
Hyderabad

NKTiwari

All have given their comments from all angles. It works from situation to situation. If there is any certified standing orders and/ or code of conduct it is advisable to follow them rather than any other modes of action. It will gain weightage in the eye of law. If there is no such certified ones then one should go with the model ones which is readily available in the market.
However if the atmosphere is such that reward or action in other way helps it is also a good one as suggested by sweeta. Understand the pulse of the air and proceed you will get success.
regards
NKT 8)

From United States, Cambridge
karunakar.B

dear Swetha, i really appreciate the way you has given the solution and i hope its really worthful....... :)
From India, Madras
rajkumar648@yahoo.com

Hi they are not your slaves. Be sensible in sharing ideas. No body wants to attend late to office. It happens sometimes it happens, due to conveyance, or other petty problems.

rajkumar648@yahoo.com

Hi Shweta.HR
Your comments on paper seems to be good, but at one stage people will realise that 100 / 150 is peanuts... why strain ourself for this peanuts....
You should have a appraisal form from management and as well as from employee when increments are given, and this should reflect during increment and promotions.....
It should be told that due to ur frequent late coming you have lost a promotion, as a responsible employee late coming will effect the workplace which is not advisable.

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.