Sanjeev.Himachali

I am sorry but this looks very funny answer.
Can you keep everyone happy? Forget about office and company, but even in your family relations?
Where are and which are the institutes that trains you in skills sets to keep others happy??

From India, Mumbai
anandg
Yes, an HR can also get job satisfaction in their job if only they have a proper and thorough understanding of the nature of the HR work profile. There is nothing to think bad about "we are depending others for taking Decisions". After all we are the only department that is doing the appreciative work of bridging the two extreme ends of a company. (i.e) Top Level Employees and Low Level employees irrespective of their desiganations. It is the nature of HR job profile and it all is on your attitude to perceive it perfectly. It is also the duty of an HR to explain the Top level people if they take an wrong/Non-Implementable decisions about the practical situations that low level employees will face due to the decisions and we have to convince them in accordance with the low level employees and in vice versa you can explain youe low level employees about the top management expectations from them and your recommendations in the circumstances of achieving the target and the beneficial concequences after that like performance bonus, incentives, KRA promtions etc.,

Regards

Anand.G

HR Executive

TVS Kerala

From India, Bangalore
htdesai

Hi Sanjeev,
The skills no body will teach but one has to learn from the experiences. As far as satification is concern one can always try with a positive frame of mind to keep others happy in professional and personal life.
Regards,
Harshad

From India, Mumbai
vm1980

I understand the concern, but let me highlight one of the important personality traits of HR.. " Balancing "

If I say balancing, I mean the ability to manage the communication at different levels. It also means evaluating certain preposition in line with the past present and future of employees, company policies and management. It is critical to

1. Understand the situation

2. comprehensive analyse it from 3 perspectives - Employees, Company and Management (This is important because HR is supposed to be a custodian of valuable information and perspective)

3. Articulate the right piece of info to different levels- keeping yourself assertive.

4. Take support of what is right - as per said policy, values and principles of the company.

5. Abstain from loose talk and maintain a delivery of communication where people see value preposition coming from you.

6. Speak in the way where you show empathy and truth to all.

7. Never enter a blame game saying that its beyond scopr of HR- oops its Management decision... you devalue yourself ..

Some of the above is the understanding of my short stint in HR

From United States, Somers
Avanib
Hi sheetal,
Job satisfaction to HR....yes very much in comparison with other job designations. I agree the fact that HR is a thankless job.
A mother at home is equal to HR at office might not 100% but it seems to me as the same. Well we can’t say mother is not satisfied in spite she don’t get thanks for all she does with out expectations. But we HR does things with lot of expectations....due to high expectations it might cause us little dissatisfaction...it doesn’t mean that it is not giving us satisfaction.
It’s purely my opinion correct me if I am wrong.

From India, Hyderabad
debasisp2001
HR management is related to human issues related to behavior and work place.
The employer's mindset in india (basically family owned) as business is only sales /product driven and they value utmost importance to line functions. in most of the organization though they speaks a lot ,most of the HR Function is involved in postman and admin job .
It's only because of current talent crunch in al most all sector ,they have started realizing the importance HR as a change agent to drive the business profitably.
when we are talking about satifaction , it is purely a relative term , this is like challenge and opportunity on either side of the coin and which side you are looking at.
at rightly said HR manager is a bridge between employee and employer they should have the ingredient to alive two way communication process perfect and sooner then later will be recognized as one of the most important position in true sense.

From India, Bangalore
H@SS@N

Dear Sheetal,
Why not, if you are doing good your job than you can get the satisfaction and remember being an HR Professional what our job is , simply to reduce the gaps and create the bridges between employer and employee. We are like the middle men who just keep trying to satisfying both employer and employee and seek our own satisfaction in doing so.
Regards
Hassan :)

From Paraguay
devnanjan
Hai Friend, I work in the HR department for more than 8 years.JOB SATISFACTION is always there in our profession but DISSATISFACTION happens only when dealing with DIRTY people.

sangramsamal
DEAR SHHEETAL,
INFECT RITE NOW I AM GOING IN SAME SITUATION IN MY COMPANY,I HAVE SHAFTED TO REGIONALOFFICE BUT I AM NOT ABLE TO PUT MY BEST EFFORT..THE REASON IS BEING THAT I HAVE TO REPORT SIMAOUNTTOUASLY TO VP-HR,SER,MGR HR AND ALSO THE REGIONAL HR. SO IAM NOT ABLE TO GIVE BET WHTAEVR I WANT TO MAKE FOR AN EMPLOYEEE PART AND THE SAME TIME I MA NOT ABLE TO ACHIEVE MY DAILY TARGET.......MIDDLE LEVEL HR ALWAYS TREAT LIKE THE BULL IN BETWEEN THE TOP MANAGEMENT AND THE EMPLYEE.
tHANX FOR RAISING THE ISSUE.
REGARSD
SANGRAM K SAMAL
ASST HR MGR,
CHOLAMANDALAM MS GENERAL INSURANCE CO.LTD.

From India, Mumbai
Manju27

Hi Sheetal,
Perception plays a very major role in deriving satisfaction from any job you are doing or any role you are playing. If you feel that you are restricted to taking sides of either Management of Employees, then come out of that perception. Presentation of your ideas and projection of them in a right manner to both the parties will make you remain yourself and also satisfied about your job.
Regards,
Manju :)

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.