No Tags Found!

sudeshkumar
Hi All,
For professional it does not make any difference. In my previous company lot of married couples, some of them got married while being in companny, were working since morning to late evening and we don't face any kind of such issues as quoted above.

From India, Jalandhar
rgs_mys

Dear Ravi,
Once again let me reiterate that this issue is based on the co. policy.Restrictions are laid by some while a good no. of co.s including some big names view its beneficial effects.However all co.s agree & state that for partners,reporting relationships and direct supervision are strictly not allowed.A clear policy statement to this effect is to be formulated and implemented.
Regards,
RGS.

From India, Bangalore
namratasinha_hr

Dear Sir,

I want to present my view as:

1)I donot thik that there is any policy which can prevent husband and wife o work in the same co.

2)if there performance is good then you can think of retaining them as asking for resignation on the basis they are couple is not ethical.

3)either you can counsel them for the problems your organisation is facing coz of them or you can transfe them to diff department of the same office.

Go by the performance of the employee not by heir personal matters if their personal things are hindering the companies code of conduct then counsel them or else issue warning to them.

So most important is performance of the employee and still if u think that performance of one person is not up to the mark then ask resignation to that particulr person showing that his/her performane isnot good enough to retain that particular person (be transparent with your employee related polocies ) and then if other one is also not willing to work with you then its soly him disceretion and you are not required to find a policy to remove them also u b able to save other employee frm getting demotivated as management decision will sloley based on performance.

right!!!!!!

bye take care

From India, Mumbai
arun29478

Dear Mr. Ravi,

The basic idea of not letting both husband and wife work in the same department / organization is to ensure that productivity of the employee is not lost. Its the rule which the management should be communicating to the employee during induction. If the same is not done, then the employee has every right to pull the employer to the court. Incase you make this part of the policy, you would not only be ensuring that work goes smooth, but you would also ensure that there is work life balance to all your employees.

Few scenarios where this policy helps:

Confidential Information

Loss of Productive Time

Interference of one person in the work of the other

You may need to discuss the issue with your management and my suggestion would be to talk to the couple and let them know the issue in detail. Its best for the employer and the employee if employment of husband and wife in the same company can be discouraged.

Incase you need any further clarifications, Kindly revert.

Regards,

Avi

From India, Bangalore
vasu_hr

Dear Ravi
Your view is totally wrong ''''' how can you assume both husband and wife cant work effectively in an organisation... whats wrong in that.... even they can perform better,
you dont have any single point to terminate them,, marriage is not offence
still you want to terminate them dont get in touch with any HR ;;;;;
You can contact any criminal lawyer''''

From India, Bangalore
arun29478

Dear Vasu,
The term should be voluntary resignation of either husband or wife. No employee can be terminated for getting married to his/her colleague. But, it is always advisable to ensure that husband and wife should not be working in the same company.
I have one situation. Please read through and reply what's your view.
Husband and wife work for the same department in a company and are staying away from their parents. Husband has met with an accident and is bed ridden. Now what would you expect the wife to do?? come to office or nurse her husband. If you think, she should come to the office or sit home and nurse her husband?? if she stays at home; then you have two employees not coming to work and not one.
Think over it...if you want i will give you many more situations to think about.
Regards,
Avi

From India, Bangalore
deepdhall
well i feel professionalism has nothing to do with being married or not.....its unethical to consider sombody inefficient only b'cauz they r married and working in the same company.
do u think your company can bear the loss of such employees.
if yes, then go ahead but such a behaviour would demotivate other employees and they would not trust you

From India, Ranchi
arun29478

Hi,
Am not very sure if you could understand the reason why this stand is taken by most of the companies.
You need to have a work-life balance. Then only you will be productive.
Its always in the best interest of the company and the employee that such rules are made. Instead of terminating the employee, the couple should be counselled on why the policy of the organization doesn't permit both husband and wife to work in the same organization / department. It not only affects the performance of the couple but others as well.
Regards,
Avi

From India, Bangalore
girishtarwani
Dear all The stand taken by Madhu is very genuine and moral also. I fully agree with her stand. It is true that we should change with the time and leave old and archaic mindset behind. Girish
From India, Ahmadabad
Monurupb
Dear Ravi,

Greeting and Happy New Year!

First would like to inform that am not a HR Guru...however a practitioner for some time. Hope these tips cud be of some help...!

- There is NO RULE that Husband / Wife cant work in the same company till the same is exclusively not defined / drafted in company manual or POLICY.

- IMPORTANT - They shouldn't have same reporting line or ONE SHOULDN'T BE ALIGNED TO INFLUENCE EACH OTHER PROFESSIONALY - Reportee & Supervisor.

- Well! if none of these are APPLICABLE then SEPARATING them just because they GOT MARRIED would be some what in justified.

- No Legal issues if separation is carried in a discreet manner using SOFT SKILLS.

- Best way is to speak to the concerns OFFLINE and motivate for looking out another opportunity as MANAGEMENT is not very on favor of the same.

- YES, if this is EXECUTED in OPEN FORUM people might tend to be DEMOTIVATED hence suggested to execute DISCREETLY.

As mentioned THERE IS NO POLICY neither heard of any PARTICULAR…..if EXISTS that’s for specific companies depending on their REQUIREMENT.

Rgds

Monurup

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.