No Tags Found!

rgs_mys

Dear Ravi,
There is no hard & fast rule in this regard especially in recent times. Much depends on the co. policy.Most co.s prefer not to have the couple work in same dept. for obvious reasons,so they transfer either of them to another location or dept.However at present quite a few co.s view office romances leading to wed-lock as a healthy & beneficial trend.But ,one thing for certain,termination is not the answer.
Regards,
RGS.

From India, Bangalore
Ravi.Gangwani

HI All,
I got my answer in this post,, well we had done some exercise & our decission is to keep the married employees in our co but they will work in different branches male will work in other branch & female employee will work in H.O. We realise that they both are good performer but the issue was irregularity & groupism which we had taken up.
My question is " CAN OTHER TEAM MATE WILL FOLLOW THE SAME PRACTISE TO GET MARRIED WITH CO WORKER or SUBORDINATE"?
Give your valuable suggestion
Regds
Ravi

From India, Mumbai
manmeet_barve
Groupism Due to a single couple or 2-3 couple...Sorry to say but Groupism comes out of Poor leaderships,Poor Managers and Irrelevant HR Strategies......
I don't feel groupism is a problem if Couple work in the same company......
In that sense.....There are many GF and BF working in Company or people in Living Relationship but they are not married.....Has that lead to any Groupism.
Problem you would face is : TWO EMPLOYEES ASKING FOR HOLIDAY ON THE SAME DAY OR SAME WEEK :).

From India, Bangalore
Jai1736

Dear Ravi
Many of the organizations have documented policy on the employment of "Near Relatives " like husband-wife, father-son , etc, etc. and the policies are known to the employess. This does'nt appear to be so in your case. otherwise you would not be facing the present dilemma .
Frankly speaking removing either of the two simply because the are now husband and wife will not be fair as it is an after thought on the part of your company. Termination without any real or valid ground will also be not perceived well by the other employees of the company.
I feel your compnay should talk to them; telling them why both of them can not be kept in employment at the same place and also give them sometime, let's say 3-4 months to find out job . Also your company should come out with a written policy on the employment of near relatives.
Mohan.

From India
AK TAWAR

Dear,
There is no legal binding on husband & wife to work together in the same organisation/department under labour laws.
If your management has decided to separate them through asking resign, it will be adversely affect working atmoshphere.
It is my suggestion that you should transfer any one of them in your other branch situated in another city on a ground of urgent need of work at that place.
Regards,
Amit Kumar Tawar

From India, Mundra
Swaroopa_AB
We can move one of them to different department if the company policy allows Motive of this is to avoid conflicts and still retain employee providing good employee experience Swaroopa

debashisroy

Dear Friend,
It is neither unethical, immoral nor illegal of two employees of the same organisation to marry each other.
I remember in my previous organisation of such a case, where the husband was in the Networking Department and the wife a software engineer. The courtship happened while they were working and married within an year. The rest of the employees of the organisation were invited and attended their wedding.
Nobody felt anything wrong nor complained of productibvity going down.
If two matured and responible persons work in the same company, then I donot think their relationship in no way causes any harm to anyone.
Their are brother and sister team as well working in the same organisation.
I donot know what kind of moral policing is this, which doesnot allow a husband and wife team to work together ?
In my opinion such practice should never be encouraged unless it is for some genuine reason.
Well, this is my opinion.....
Regards
Debashis

From India, Lucknow
Vennila Natarajan
Hi all,
If legal marriage makes you all to discuss so much means..............
If two employees or employee and reporting head or employee and boss- if they had illegal relationship what the company can do...
Will it terminate the employees or make them resign.. or change the department, branch or give a memo etc.,
All problems and issues arises only when everything happens legally..

From India, Madras
aparnasuresh

Hai,

There are pros and cons for this situation of

when husband and wife work in the same company the wife might feel more secured

Again it depends on the understanding between both...

both would be able to be more succesful if they understand their roles better and dont interfere in their jobs

What ever comes even if the wife is in trouble or husband is in trouble the person involved shoudl handle the situation individually ofcourse inputs could be given by the other partner

They could understnad the organization better if they work together

From the organization point of view there are some threats:

If one resign the other might also resign

If one performs and the other doesnt the organization has to handle this situation tactfully

If they are very comfortable, the organization also would appraise one and dont appraise the other well, as they feel whatever happens if i make one person happy the other would stay back but this is a very bad practice each has to treated individually and seperately......

sometimes both the employees may feel that there is no freedom and so on it

I think it would work only if both understands what their positions are and if the organization treat them as two different individuals

There is not need to terminate or dismiss them at all......

Thanks

AparnaSuresh

From India, Mumbai
nandinimunshi

Hi,
It is not legal to ask both of them to resign on the basis of simply marriage in India.
An Org. has to define the KRA and its criteria for both the employees and make sure that KRAs are met.
Any lack in productivity might or should lead to a discussion and then the decision to ask the one resign. But it might lower the other person's boost to continue the work.
Looking at some constraints (like time or reporting structure), it definitely would be a good idea to move one of them to another department.
We have few couples working in our company, some are in different departments and some in the same as well. They are working good and results are being achieved.
Unless productivity or discipline is a concern, both can work and lead a very good life both at work and at home.
In any case both cannot be removed.
Thanks and Regards,
Nandini

From India, Vadodara
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.