Mount Everest
Am new to this...
Hi all
Just need ideas on what type of binding factors that could be created to individuals who receive training at the cost of the organisation.
Training could range from as low at 5000 rupees and go up and up??
any ideas.... its kindo of urgent

From Nepal, Kathmandu
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Mount Everest,

For training to be successful, conduct the survey of the skills of the participants before the survey. Design the training programme exactly on building particular skills, tell the participants that their performance would be assessed on what parameters after certain period of time and then assess the performance.

You can penalise the non-performing participant or the employee whose performance is below the mark even after the training.

I had conducted training on "E-mail Etiquettes" to one of the software companies. It was conducted for 51 employees in total 3 batches. After one month, I had sent post-training evaluation questionnaire. The Team Leaders of the participants certified all the participants except for one.

For this one odd participants, re-evaluation of the skills was conducted. In re-evaluation also, she could not measure up the expectation.

MD of that company told to to calculate total cost of the training. It included, cost of my training charges + one day salary of each of the 51 participants and other charges. He calculated cost of the training for one participant and then he ordered to deduct these chargers from her participant.

Deduction of salary apart, the stigma of deduction of one's salary is a far more deterrent factor.

You may adopt the same in your company too.

Regards,

Dinesh V Divekar
Management, Soft Skill and Behavioural Training Consultant

dineshdivekar(at)yahoo.com

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.