No Tags Found!

rajat_srf@yahoo.co.in
well i will say to him red is the colour of blood that in relation 2 pain or wound..obviously he is blind buit cal feel it regards rajat saraf
From India, Delhi
bhardwaj_ch1

When a person is Blind by Birth than colours or other things would required to learn or to know, only figures need to know as Blind Person feels every monent including its stick, shoes, etc. Answer my question, Why Indigo Stick is reqire for Blind Person?
From India, Ahmadabad
sandhya garg
Dear All,
Although different ppl hv diff viewes bt if i wud b at dat place then i wud say...hv u ever felt the beauty of luv, this red colour is as beutiful as love ( bcz to me red colour is symbol of love)
Thanks,
sandhya

From India, Delhi
arun29478

Dear Bipin,

Nice question. Thanks for sharing it. Most of the members have thought of the answer...but not about the question. Answer becomes simple when u think through the question in hand. How would you explain red colour to a person who is blind from birth....

Just put this question in real time: how would you explain to an employee something which he has never seen/heard/experienced/thought etc in his life till now...well, or to rephrase it : how would you explain the benefits of a particular activity to a person who has never experienced it before in his professional career. Simple...TRAIN HIM...

Most of the people refuse to see the brighter side of life as it requires one to change his/her way of thought/ way of life...but then, life becomes meaningful if you take that extra effort to see whats on the other side of all the hardship you put. You have to take the blind-fold off to see whats there on the other side of the blind-fold. Just give it a thought: It was Newton who took the blind-fold off the eyes of the world with his theroy of gravitation, Blind people could not read till braille was invented.

Enough of gyan....Every person has imagination. one may need to use the imagination to visualize things....i would ask the person to tell me how he would define an apple, chilli, blood and other things which i know are red in colour. This would help me in getting an understanding of how he would co-relate betweenthings of the same colour. As you already said...its a tricky question....well am not yet convinced with my answer.....but here's another try...

well, you can help the blind person get eyesight with which he will not only be able to see red colour...but also the world.

Will think about the solution...till then, guys...think about the question...

regards,

Arun

From India, Bangalore
k_trupti
it is necessary to understand what the blind fellow knows about things around what feel does he get by touching cloths and materials of various colours?
on the basis of this knowledge it will be easy to help him understand the red colour. As he might be having some knowledge to know red colour we need to simply associate it with the given situation.

From India, Pune
urvashiverma

hi...
the person is blind he is not deaf neither senseless....:-P
he can feel the pain if he get hurt we can tell him that red is the colour of blood....
so he can feel the colour as he get pain....
their is no other way to feel the red colour by a blind.....:icon10:

From India, Bangalore
L.C.PAL

Hi It is very interesting question, In this connection I would like to share one small story;Once upon a time there were 4 four blind perons who would like to meet god. One saint was passing nearby, they listen him and urge to give him bless and way to reach god. The saint felt pity on them and tell them if u go about 15 kms. in east u would found a park. In the park there is a big statue u can touch it and feel about the god.Four blind persons goes to that park and trying to catch that big statue in their both hands. Because the statue was so big and any them could not catch the full statue.Near by an elephant statue were there they all have touched and one catch the trunk of the elephant and said I found the god. Likewise another blind man catch the leg of elephant and said I have got and 3rd have catch the tail of elephant and 4th has catch the abdomen of the elephant. But actually no one would understand what was that. The statue of god or elephant.Like wise we all are trying our best.........................RegardsL.C. Pal
From India, Delhi
nids04

A thought provoking question!!
I definitely had to think.
The best way that I think I can explain red colour to a blind person from birth would be by
-First analyzing his/her understanding of the things around him/her.
- I would like to know to what extent is the person trained to live his life being blind.
- That would happen only if I let the blind person do some talking, I would request the person to tell me how does the person associates/understand things that are red in colour....blood, rose, heart, danger signs etc as well as other things in general..flowers,clothes etc.
- As per his responses I will try and explain him about the red color, by means of saying that red is the color that is common to these things and red is the color that draws attention of people who can see just like a loud noise will attract the attention of people who are blind.
It may even happen that he may already identify or relate to the color RED!!!!
Would love hear what others have to comment.

From India, Gurgaon
rashma25
Hi,
I would link it to the color of blood....the blind person must have definitely felt blood at some point of his life through cuts, accidents etc. We can explain the way blood feels liquid and warm, it looks red in color. I am sure this would be a try in the right direction.
Regards,
rashma

From India, New Delhi
winjobs2020

Hi,
As the person is blind from the birth, the better way of explaining him about the colour is by way of citing examples. For example Blue can be a cold piece of metal. Red, a hot stone. White, a cotton ball. Try to think of ways to explain other colors as well using other senses. Yellow can be the glowing heat of the Sun on your face. likewise, try to explain the individual through linking the colour with sense of touch or feel. I believe this might be the only way, but before that make sure the person is not deaf, as bcoz there are chances that the Blind might also be deaf.
Let me know if you have any good answers, apart from all the others HR Gurus have quoted.
Regards,
Vinod

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.