No Tags Found!

anikaagarwal84

Hi,
We have recently made an offer to a candidate and would like to do a thorough background check.
In addition to carrying out reference check with the previous employers of a candidate, is it legal to do a reference check with his current company after
he/she has accepted the offer or after he / she has joined our company
Thanks and Regards,
Anika

From India, Dehra Dun
JoinHandsHyderabad

Hi Anika,

The main puporse of reference check is to get clarity & confirmation about his experience, working attitude, employee relation either as a team leader or as a team player, fits to our company structure or not & etc., based upon ur requirement for that particular position.

The purpose of reference check serves us betterly if we carry the process after his acceptancy (before resigning his current employer) before he/she joins in our company. B'coz if the process is done earlier to his resignation (after his acceptancy ) there are two alternatives based upon conclusion of the reference check:

1) Positive conclusion : Give him time considering the notice period (at his current employer) mediating the number of days to fulfill that particular position based upon ur company requirement.

2) Negative conclusion : Simply inform him that the vacancy is filled ( so that he can continue in his current organization.

The legal obligation comes if u get the negative conclusion after his resignation from the current employer & joined ur company.

So, as per my thought its better to carry the process after his acceptancy (before resigning his current employer) before he/she joins in our company.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.