No Tags Found!

Fauji
I was asked to quit my job or accept termination within 1 hour. I chose the former as termination would mean a red flag in my career. The notice period to be served is for three months.
After speaking to former employees I have concluded that the company follows a practice of relieving the employee exactly the same no. Of days before as the number of earned leaves. This is because they will pay the salary for the notice period but not for the earned leaves.
What recourse is available to the employee, should I ask for my complete salary in lieu, what if they come up with a false reason to terminate me?

From India, Delhi
Madhu.T.K

A company which can ask an employee to leave by putting resignation in just one hour or accept termination letter without following any protocol or ethics of human resource management can do anything against you. They can spoil your career by putting negative remarks in any reports, feedbacks or background verification. The background verification agency would be very happy to take it forward against you because their main intention is to find any fault with the employee and add fuel to further spoil the employee concerned.

If you are leaving the organisation not to pursue any more career in private establishments but would only join government service or PSUs or would start your own venture, then there are ways to teach the employer a lesson. Unhealthy work practices should not be allowed. On the other hand, if you do not havee any idea of dropping private establishments, then you should compromise and follow whatever is offered by the employer. Further discussion will depend upon your decision.

From India, Kannur
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

No Employer/HR will go to this extreme step unless otherwise there is a issue with the employee. Is is due to any misconduct on your
part ? As you had already submitted the resignation voluntarily, better accept whatever offered by the employer and get relieved properly . Your employer also gave you options with a view to handle your case amicably. Never constrain your relationship your employer as you will be facing the repercussions in future.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.