No Tags Found!

majestuoso

Hey Rahul,
I can see so many people coming out with lots of idea along with humanity..........
Im waiting to know about ur actions .............how u handled it?
Hope by this time it must be solved.................
Always treat ppl with huamnityyyyyyy!
r we not human being?
Tak a wise decision..........
Regards,
Majestuoso

From India, Madras
hmaponarayan
Hi Rahul,
It's really a very difficult situation to handle. As we have to care for both, the employee and the organisation. First thing is that you cannot hide this from his co-workers, because they must be knowing this before you, so if you try to hide the fact it will create a bad impression of your dept.
You need to be very careful and tactful in this situation. First speak to the employee in person, then take the opinion of the doctor treating him, then discuss and explain the situation to his co-workers he is directly dealing with, take their opinion, take them in confidence, see their reactions and then again discuss all the things with the employee and then take a decision.
Also discuss with your companies legal advisor to find some wayout protecting the job of the employee.
Hrishikesh Aponarayan

From India, Pune
sumeetjindalin

Hi All,
Lets put it like this,
Give the person a medical leave for 2 month till he gets cured from his interim phase and once that person is in workable condition, we can either instruct him to follow all the precautions if that person is in continuous contact with other human biengs or other this we can do is to give him such a work wich will ensure minimum interation with other employees, he can be there in contact via mail or phone....

From India
rashmitat

We had faced similar situation in our organization, we asked the employee to avail long leaves and for 4 months he was paid half of his salary, We also informed him that when he join us back he has to see that his performance evaluation will be delayed by 4 month. it takes maximum 2 to 3 months for a person to be fully curable.
Our employee had visited Fortis Vasant Vihar hospital where he was treated.
During this period his PF was immaculately deposited so that he is not effected by breakage of service.
Regards
Sharmila Thakur

From India, Delhi
s.anitha

Hi Sharmila, when salary is the only source of his income, u can give an option for him to work from home.....
From India, Bangalore
shaunak_aus82

Hello Raul,

I have just gone through your problem. The first option of having a counselling session with the employee & thereafter asking him to resign would not be the correct way. I personally feel employees in such cases only look upto HR for their assistance. Believe me or not, Word Of Mouth recommendation matters a lot these days.

The second option is uncertain and ambiguous. Nobody knows what may happen. Whether he will really get well soon (9 months etc) ? Thus, the following points may be eveluated from your end:

a) What is the current job profile of the concerned employee ?

b) Is it possible for you to change the job profile for a short while, say for the cure period ?

c) You may take his peers & close colleagues into confidence about his medical condition, as they can be very valuable in this situation

d) At some crucial point of his medical treatment, he may be given leave with pay. As it happens Maternity Benefit Act, where we allow 6 weeks leave before & after pregnancy. Till that time, the female employee is expected to come to work, taking into account the exceptions and the medical condition etc.

e) Analyze the family condition & then think on whether it is possible to extend some financial assistance from Company side. This assistance will not be taken back from this employee.

The analysis done in such a way would surely help the employee & his family, and will help you reduce your attrition levels, if any as well.

Regards,

Shaunak Marulkar

From India, Mumbai
amritasingh.
hi,
well in this case u can ask the person to resign now and can join when he get cured.this is really necessary as for the sake of one employee u cant
play with the health of other employees.and also u can provide some medecial benefits.

From India, Indore
Ashwathi
I aree with Mr.Nilendra. e can avail leave on Medical Grounds and can rejoin after its cured. Regards, Ashwthi

rini7784

hii..
asking to resign is not a proper decision...first thing to see is look whether he is a potential employee, is he a valuable asset of the company...if his performance is good and if he leaves it ll b a loss to the company den i wud suggest that he shud be go on a medical leave...cos definately it is situation which anyone can face...tomm if we too face we wont like sitting at home leaving or resigning our job...so till he cures he shoud be given medical leave and till the leave period he shud be regularly contacted or communicated through telephone so that he shud not feel left out by the company...
regards,
reena

From India, Mumbai
kordesandeep

Hi
I would like to tell something that HR's are related to the department which take care of the personnel and the administration part.
We say MANPOWER,that means much more for the company.The
employees of the company are the heart of the organization and if there is any problem the company has to face the consequences.
I would suggest that the decision is simple that give him/her a break and let he/she get well first,you know that this problem can be cured.There are some exhemption in the leave policies and you can help the needy.
The public companies provide with good facilities as they follow the policies perfectly.In the sense i am not criticising the private firms but i say that not to look only for profits but also about the employees.
Sandeep

From India, Warangal
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.