kvmksrinivas

Hi all
Pl also let me know whether PG Dip in HRD (3 yrs. distance edn.)and two year PG Dip. in PM & IR from Osmania Univeristy(Evening college) and Diploma in Trg. & Devept. can entail me to enroll for Ph.D. if so, which university.
Plz help.
Srinivaskvmk

From India, Hyderabad
kvmksrinivas

Hi friend
I am a post graduate Diploma Holder in Pers. Mgmt & IR(2 years Evening) from Osmania University and PG Dip. holder in HRD(3 yrs. distance education) from NIHRD, Chennai which is recognised by AICTE. Am I eligible for Ph.D. Pl clarify. If the answer is yes, can I become a part of your group for pursuing the same. Pl suggest.
Thanx a lot.
All the best.
Srinivaskvmk

From India, Hyderabad
Prof.Lakshman

I have been involved in some lectures at Syracuse and some sample topics are given below; You may e-mail them for more details. There were many students from Delhi School of Economics

Management

PhD Program

The PhD Program in the Department of Strategy and Human Resources (SHR) is an intensive research-oriented program with 5-6 students in residence at any one time. All our students have outstanding academic backgrounds in the areas such as psychology, sociology, economics and/or business from distinguished universities such as Penn State, Syracuse University, Hebrew University (Israel), Delhi School of Economics (India), Sofia University (Bulgaria), and the University of Alberta (Canada). Our students enter the programs with diverse backgrounds ranging from graduate school to professional careers in accounting, human resources, and organizational consulting. Average GMAT scores are in the 700+ range.

PROGRAM OVERVIEW

The program involves the following three main components:

Coursework in major area, minor area, and statistics. All students are required to take the departmental four-seminar sequence in Organization Theory, Strategy, Human Resource Management, and Research Methods. Students are encouraged to minor in areas with active research faculty offering doctoral seminars. Current students¡¯ minors include public administration, sociology, and accounting. Finally, students have to complete a sequence of statistical courses offered by the Economics or Psychology departments with emphasis on regression techniques such as OLS, tobit, probit, logit, panel data, etc. All coursework is typically completed by end of the second year and culminates in a comprehensive exam.

Teaching courses at the undergraduate level in either strategy or human resource management. Students are required to shadow a professor who teaches one of these courses at the undergraduate level in their first year in the program. As a student-centered research institution, we take teaching seriously and invest a lot of time and effort in mentoring our doctoral students to teach well. In addition, our students are required to participate in the university¡¯s Future Professorate project. All our doctoral students teach courses independently in their second and third years.

Research with faculty members and dissertation. This is the most important part of the program where students learn to apply their coursework and develop research skills under the supervision of faculty members. Students work with faculty members as coauthors on research project by the second year of their program. Current projects are in the areas of executive compensation, corporate governance, organizational attitudes, organizational risk, and corporate political activity. Students are not only encouraged to present papers but also supported to attend the Academy of Management on a regular basis. Finally, students spend the fourth year of the program working independently on their dissertation research.

On graduation, our students seek academic jobs. Recent placements have been at University of North Texas, Fairfield University, University of Tennessee, and SUNY (Utica).

Recent doctoral student presentations at the Academy of Management meetings:

Diya Das (with Dr. Fried and Dr. Dharwadkar). When Do They Leave? Exploring Some Triggering Moderators in the Commitment Turnover Relationship. To be presented at the Academy of Management, 2005

Maria Goranova (with Dr. Khan, Dr. Dharwadkar, and Dr. Brandes). It's Not Just How Much You Own: It's Who Else You Own. To be presented at the Academy of Management, 2005

Michael Hadani (with Dr. Brandes). Riding the Stock Option Roller Coaster: How Closely Do Employee Attitudes and Behavior Track with Stock Options' Value?. To be presented at the Academy of Management, 2005

Michael Hadani (with Dr. Dharwadkar). The Levels and Tactics of Corporate Political Activity: Ownership Considerations in an Institutional Context. Academy of Management, 2004.

Michael Hadani and Maria Goranova (with Dr. Brandes). Disclosing the Price of a Free Lunch: Agency & Institutional Explanations for Stock Option Expensing. Academy of Management, 2004.

Maria Goranova (with Dr. Rilington and Dr. Senjem). Is profitability linked to social networks in new Hollywood film ventures? Academy of Management, 2003.

Michael Hadani (with Dr. Brandes and Dr. Senjem). Do non-executive stock options really produce positive work outcomes? Academy of Management, 2003.

Raihan Khan (with Dr. Alessandri). The interaction between industry- and firm-level risk: Conflict between agency theory and behavioral theory. Academy of Management, 2003.

Recent papers by SHR doctoral students coauthored with SHR faculty:

Diya Das (with Dr. Brandes and Dr. Dharwadkar). Understanding the Rise and Fall of Stock Options Compensation: Taking Principal-Agent Conflicts to the Institutional (Battle) Field. Forthcoming in Human Resource Management Review

Raihan Khan (with Dr. Dharwadkar and Dr. Brandes). 2005. Institutional ownership and CEO compensation: Implications of Concentration, Number, and Type of Owners. Journal of Business Research, 58(8).

Kathleen Wheatley (with Dr. Brandes and Dr. Dharwadkar). 2004. Social exchange within organizations and work outcomes: The importance of local relationships. Group and Organization Management (forthcoming).

Recent completed dissertations by SHR doctoral students:

The Effects of Heterogenous and Discontinuous Ownership and Options Compensation on Managerial Behavior: An Extension of Agency Theory by Raihan Khan (2004)

Implementing an Innovation Strategy: The Effects of Strategic Leadership Compensation, Governance, and Composition by Kathleen Wheatley (2001)

People as a Competitive Edge: Examining the Empirical Relationship Between Human Resource Flexibility and Firm Performance by Mousumi Bhattacharya (2000)

The Role of Social Capital and Structural Arrangements in Explaining Intercompetitor Behavior by Anat BarNir (1998)

Recent grants awarded to SHR doctoral students:

Michael Hadani. Effects of Ownership Structure and Institutional Forces on Corporate Political Activity: A Firm-Level Analysis, from the Entrepreneurship and Emerging Enterprises Center

Maria Goranova. Risk-Averse Agents: The Impact of Diversification on Changes in Executive Ownership, from the Earl V. Snyder Innovation Management Center

For more information about the exciting opportunities in our doctoral program, please contact the PhD program coordinator, Dr. Todd Alessandri, at (315) 443-3674 or via email at . We would be more than happy to connect you with other faculty members and students in our department for additional information.

Hope this will be useful

Cheers

Prof.Lakshman

From Sri Lanka, Kolonnawa
kvmksrinivas

Dear Sir, Thank you very much for your detailed clarification. Kudos to your helping gesture to the budding stars. Thanks a lot. With warm regards. Srinivaskvmk
From India, Hyderabad
JA
Hi Babita, I am a new member n wud like to know the places whr can enroll for Phd. Is mphill imp before pursuing for phd?? Archana, can u help on this. Phd thing. wishes jyoti

bijus
Hi everybody,
I have completed my Masters in HRM through Distance Education from Annnamalai Univ. I am worried as to whether I will be able to register for Ph.D. in HR with this kind of a Master Degree from a Open Univ. Please give me some input / clarifications on the same.
Regards to all ...

Dhammika
Hi! Shruti and all,
I am also looking for an oppertunity to do my PhD in HRIS. Can you help me too to build up aproposal for this. What are the latest research areas in HRIS. What are the latest articals published on this area?
Dhammika Pieris

harshadabhure
Hi,
I am also looking for doing PHD in HR ,I have completed my MPM & having 3.8yrs of Exp. in HR now want to upgrade my self & want to learn something new do develop my self.
Is any one know which way will be the best way to upgrade the knowledge to do PHD or to do training courses like QMS etc.
Pls guide me on this.
Harshada

From India, Pune
pratigya11
Hi.. friends. I am a new friend of your. I have done MBA in HR from IGNOU. and now i wish to do PhD in HR. Pls help me to guide in term of topic selection. Best wishes, Poonam
From India, Mumbai
gkspdcl@gmail.com
Dear friends,

I am doing Ph.D in HR. I enrolled in SV University, Tirupati. The proceedure carries difference between University to University.

When U want to do Ph.D in HR. U must be a post gratuate and ur specilisation should be HR only. First class is must. Then U have to select TOPIC. This is most important. My topic is Reforms in power sector. Next step is to prepare synopsis. Then we have to select Professor for guidance. Your candidature will be accepted by the University only after acceptance of Topic by ur Professor. Within one year pre-Ph.D exam has to write. Then Regular students have to complete within 3 years. Part-time students have to submit the research work within 4 years.

My suggestion is first u select 5 areas in HR topics. Select best 2. Ask ur Professor, he will suggest u to chose one. Then U prepare synopsis.

All the above is proceedure. If U want topics.

Choose one good industry make study on difference between employees working within the factory and outside the factory (marketing etc.,)

compare two banks and how employees feelings and benefits between two.

MOTIVATION etc.,

what alok told is correct. Area of work will play important roll.

GOOD LUCK

GK

From India, Nellore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.