Dharmesh Fichadiya
My previous employer, where I was working from Jun 2021 to 3rd December 2021, had marked the wrong exit date in EPFO. They marked 15th Jan 2022 as my exit date instead of 3rd December 2021. And I joined new company on 20th December 2021. Due to this, both dates overlap and show that I worked at 2 companies together from Dec-2021 to Jan-2022 (for 2 months). Unfortunately, I don't know anyone from my previous organization as everyone is working from home and the entire staff is changed, and they don't have any office in India. They have offices in US only. Due to this issue, my BGV failed, and I was rejected recently in the documentation round in 2 MNCs. Can someone please suggest to me how I can solve this issue? If I don't fix this issue, then I won't be able to withdraw the PF amount also.
From Australia, Sydney
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: png Service History.png (26.0 KB, 0 views)

hr-mayur

To resolve the issue of the incorrect exit date marked by your previous employer in the Employees' Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) records, follow these steps:

1) Contact EPFO Office Directly:
Visit the nearest EPFO office in person. Explain your situation clearly to the officials.
Bring supporting documents, such as:
Your resignation letter or relieving letter showing your correct exit date (3rd December 2021).
Your new appointment letter showing your joining date (20th December 2021).
Salary slips from both companies for the overlapping period to prove you were not employed by both simultaneously.

2) Submit a Joint Declaration:
A Joint Declaration Form signed by both you and your previous employer is typically required to correct errors. However, since contacting your previous employer is difficult, explain this to the EPFO officials. They may accept your explanation and supporting documents without it, especially if you present a clear case with substantial evidence.

3) File an Online Grievance:
Go to the EPFO's official website and navigate to the EPFiGMS (EPFO Grievance Management System).
Register a grievance explaining your issue in detail. Attach digital copies of the relevant documents.
Regularly check the status of your grievance and respond promptly if additional information is requested.

4) Reach Out to EPFO Through Social Media:
Sometimes, raising your issue on social media platforms like Twitter or Facebook can expedite the process. Tag the official EPFO handles and describe your problem concisely.

5) Seek Help from Current Employer:
Inform your current employer about the situation. They might be able to assist or provide a formal letter that supports your claim, which can be presented to the EPFO.

6) Professional Assistance:
If you find it challenging to navigate the process, consider hiring a professional consultant or an agent who specializes in EPFO matters. They can help you resolve the issue more efficiently.

Ensure you keep copies of all communications and documents related to this issue. Persistence is key, and by following these steps, you should be able to correct the exit date in your EPFO records, resolve the overlap issue, and proceed with your career and PF withdrawal smoothly.

From India, Surat
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.