sumi71

Hi Hari

I have received your form asking for details. I will send it to you. By seeing the list you have mentioned it is noticed that the responses are very poor from our HR fraternities.

Hi All,

Comparing to all city meet, which is being organized locally, Bangalore, Chennai & Delhi people are really enthusiastic and keep organizing the event quiet often. Especially, the Chennai guys, they keep organizing the events almost every month, though the numbers of participants are less. Bangalore people organize the event once in a quarter or half yearly, but they are making it big as the event see at least 30-40 people for the event. As far as Delhi is concerned the post about the meet use to run in pages and finally the participants will range from 16-20 people. Other cities as I observed the thread will be on but no events takes place. (There are exceptions like Pune. The above mentioned points are based on my observation in Cite HR; however it may not be actual facts.)

I thought of giving up organizing this All India Meet as there are poor or no response from HR people. It is surprise to see such a poor response from our own HR people for HR meets. What happened to all? Come on cheer up. All India HR meet should happen.

Regards,

Umesh.S.

From India, Bangalore
Kamalzz

Hi Umesh,
Calling of the event is not the a great option :(. What we see is only initial teething trouble!
I am a part of planning for Pune HR meet. We too initially saw very less response from fraternity, though the responses started increasing gradually.
What could be done is, contact the members who actively organise the events locally, such members usually would have contact details of good number of members from their respective areas. You could have such people pitch in more candidates ( the local organisers can send out a message to their local HR folks about the india meet!) and the responses could be better.
Thanks
Kamaljit kaur

From India, Pune
sumi71

Dear Kamal,

It is nice to receive such boosting mail from you. Generally if you see, any event is required a proper planning, then only it will be a successful one. If the participants are not responding properly, then we can’t plan it properly, finally end up in a small event like an informal gathering.

If you see any other professionals like Doctors, Engineers etc, if any events are happening related to their field, they show massive response. It will happen automatically. No needs for any follow up etc. But if you take HR in the same situation, it is totally on reverse side up. Much Talks, Less Action.

Probably this may be one of the factors contributing for not considering the HR as an important factor of an organizational growth. May be this may be one of the reason for a HR person not able to reach the top position or reaching a level in the Board of an organization.

Actually this kind of poor response will make us upset. What we get a feeling is instead of organizing such kind of bad event, it is better not to organize it. That’s what I mentioned that, if the same kind of poor responses continues, then I will give up. But, I welcome others who take initiative in organizing such events.

As I said in my earlier post, there are people from few cities (Like Bangalore, Chennai, & Delhi) who are really planning and organizing the event very successfully.

Regards,

Umesh.S.

From India, Bangalore
Kamalzz

I understand, but is'nt the cite HR meet an effort to make HR community a more professional gathering.
The doctors/engineers etc all have meets because they know they will be sharing upcoming knowledge arenas...so if we have a similar plan for HR professionals i see no reason why they will not be interested.
Cheers!!!
kamaljit kaur

From India, Pune
hr_hari

Hi..
I feel that we need to prepare an agenda for this big event, so that it will bring in as an awarness program.
There are many members who are really interested but hardly find time to respond to our requests.
For thos who have viewed & interested in participating please take a few mins and send in your details. This will surly increase the number.
Another thing Since people are not sure abt the location, they migth hesitate to come.
I feel it a zonal wise informal meeting is conducted and during that meeting if we discuss abt this BIG event, we have pretty good chances of make it success.
Lets visualize the event and start preparing the agenda.
Comments are welcome.
Thanks & regards
Hari

From India, Madras
sumi71

Hi Hari & Kamal,
Normally I never think in a negative way. Always hopes for good. But this time on this event, as I mentioned in my earlier post, the pages of responses are running as in the case of Delhi, but, no one is sending their details to Hari, which made me little bit upset. Anyways it is not an issue. Hari as you said let us plan for the day and venue as it is necessary for people to decide.
But I request Raaj Bhatia and others to take initiative in their respective regions in coordinating the event with the consultations from other interested HR participants, by suggesting the location, date and some of the topics for discussion along with the suggested Key Speakers, whom you recommend or whom we can easily approach for this event.
Waiting for replies from all
Regards,
Umesh.S.

From India, Bangalore
Varanasi

Hi Umesh,
Thanks for the great idea and initiation.
Friends When I was in the CITEHR meeting in Bangalore at Bajaj Alliance response was very less. This time lets really make it a big success.
I am ready to volunteer.
Friends please let us make a nuetral venue where all the members can come and participate actively.
Please make a quick decision so that all can mark their calender and pre plan it with out any problems.
Please let me know the updates on this.
Regards,
Kalyan. :D

From India, Bangalore
sumi71

Hi All,
As far as the location is concerned Goa or Hyderabad is ideal location for this event. These two locations are conveniently connected with all modes of transport. In my opinion Hyderabad is the perfect location as the cost of travel, accomodation etc will be cheaper comparing to Goa.
You suggestions and comments please. So that we can freeze any one of the above location.
Regards,
Umesh.S.

From India, Bangalore
sumi71

Hi Kamal, If everyone says it is ok for Bangalore, then we can orgnaise in Bangalore itself. It is easy to organise here in Bangalore. Regards, Umesh.S
From India, Bangalore
jayy
Hi , Talentia is game for it.... good idea woild definitely go along with you Cheers, Jayy
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.